An organization’s backbone is its data and data management. The Accounts Receivable and Billing Associate is responsible for administration of internal bookkeeping, administrative systems and procedures. This Associate is part of a highly capable and dedicated team committed to using their skills and talents to ensure excellent customer service and smooth business processes for this vital community resource. This role is a wonderful fit for someone who is analytic, customer service oriented and a team player. This role is 35 hours per week with benefits.
The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values - Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation, which resonates with individuals from any background.
• Responsible for managing data entry, adjustments, and cancellations for all member and participant accounts.
• Review regular payment and invoice batches for accuracy and processing. Ensure that all data input is consistent with requirements of all internal systems and protocols.
• Support membership and other participant inquiries regarding contracts, billing, and payments
• Record and process cash receipts and ensure proper cash control and credit card information security. Review and process refund requests.
• Run regular data and analysis reports.
• Coordinate and provide accounts receivable support to other departments, as needed
• Support the mission, vision and values of JCC Greater Boston. Ensure compliance with Agency policies and procedures.
• Other duties as required
• One to three years’ demonstrated experience in accounts receivable, billing and/or business office functions
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Personal qualities: Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy. Strong analytic skills. Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in an effective and professional manner. Strong customer service orientation
• Software skills: Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel). The ability to learn and use customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• The ability to work onsite in Newton
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization with roots in earlier Settlement Houses and Young Men’s Hebrew Associations; JCC Greater Boston today offers a wide range of services and program activities throughout the Greater Boston region (~50,000 individuals annually in 98 communities). The organization provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: four preschools, three day camps, a regional model of Jewish family engagement, a fully equipped fitness and aquatic center, arts and culture classes, performances, lectures, and Jewish holiday celebrations.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
• creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
• welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
• supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
• nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
• expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and program participants very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants. COVID safety training is mandatory for all staff.