Since 1997, JOFA has been advocating for expanding women's rights and opportunities within the framework of halakha, to build a vibrant and equitable Orthodox community.
JOFA is seeking a full-time Manager for Institutional Advancement for a fast-paced, growing organization to help plan and implement the organization’s communication and development strategy. Communication responsibilities will focus on strengthening the organization’s public engagement through any media, including print, web, social media, and email. Responsibilities include managing JOFA’s databases and messaging platforms and managing and maintaining JOFA’s website. Development responsibilities include donor research and stewardship, as well as managing the fundraising calendar.
The ideal candidate is an advocacy oriented professional who is energized by working with others and passionate about sharing JOFA’s impact within the Jewish community. This position is key to JOFA’s success and requires a highly organized, creative, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and motivated person to support multi-channel engagement and revenue generation.
The Manager for Institutional Advancement will report to JOFA’s Executive Director.
Working with Executive Director and Board members to create and implement a strategic approach to fundraising.
· Developing and implementing a communication strategy in collaboration with staff and Board members.
· Cultivating the organization’s stakeholders and digital communities, including the management of JOFA’s mass emailing platforms.
· Managing and developing the organization’s social media accounts, and producing textual and visual content for social media.
· Writing text for mass emails, event announcements, weekly updates, print media, and any other communications.
· Managing JOFA’s website, including updating and posting of both textual and visual content.
· Employing digital expertise and creativity in support of all other JOFA activities, including development and public engagement.
Processing gifts and donor acknowledgements.
· Administrative and other duties in support of JOFA’s operations, as assigned by the Executive Director.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in the following areas and apply these strengths in their role at JOFA as follows:
· Development: Manage development projects and work with data, donors, a donor database, and lay leaders on donor development projects.
· Donor Relationship Management: Support, manage, and work to maintain and improve a positive experience with JOFA’s offerings for everyone connected to JOFA.
· Content Management: Manage and be creative with digital media communications, including JOFA’s website, mass mailings and social media.
· Communication Skills: Be comfortable with public speaking and demonstrate strong, persuasive and professional verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English. Proficiency in Hebrew desired. .
· Strategic Thinking: Collaborate inthought partnership with the Executive Director for annual individual donor fundraising campaign planning and implementation and incorporate consideration of impact, resources, and larger institutional goals.
· Team Player/Professionalism: Demonstrate reliability and self-starter skills with high standards for taking initiative and conducting self with personal accountability for all professional behavior in a team setting and with respect to individual role and responsibilities. This includes the willingness to work periodic irregular hours as needed.
· Eagerness to Learn: Demonstrate the desire to learn, ask questions, and work to understand generic and innovative strategies within the broader fundraising world.
· Belief in the Mission: Actively demonstrate a commitment to integrity, credibility, and dedication to JOFA’s mission..
· · Compensation: $50,000-55,000 commensurate with experience
· Benefits: Standard, JOFA- provided benefits for salaried-exempt employees, as per the employee handbook, including Health and Disability insurance, JOFA Health Insurance option, Personal Days and Family Leave and Sick leave.
Applicat**************or Institutional Advancement” in the subject line. Please include: cover letter, resume and a writing sample.
JOFA is an equal opportunity employer.