Judaism Your Way (JYW) is a 17-year-old Colorado-based Jewish organization creating innovative approaches to including Jews and their loved ones in Jewish community. We are an open tent, embracing everyone who seeks a connection to Jewish life. Every day, we share transformative Jewish experiences and recognize ourselves as part of something relevant, whole, and sacred. There are many ways to be Jewish. At Judaism Your Way, we respect and include them all. You can learn more about JYW at www.judaismyourway.org.
The Development & Grants Manager reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with JYW’s entire team of staff, volunteers and consultants to coordinate and implement the fundraising plan; oversee all annual giving campaigns; support the Executive Director with portfolio management and donor stewardship efforts; manage grant proposals, tracking, and reporting; plan development-related events and gatherings; and serve as a project manager for relationship-building and development activities.
The right candidate will have exceptional communication and organizational skills. They will think analytically with a love of data, details, and project management. To be successful, they will bring passion for our mission, creativity in execution, and confidence in working independently and with others. The ideal Development & Grants Manager will have experience in implementing robust multi-channel annual appeals and campaigns, managing successful grant portfolios, and coordinating active and passive donor stewardship plans.
• Document, organize, and manage the annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the Executive Director. Monitor and report effectiveness of all fundraising efforts.
• Create and implement print, online, and social giving campaigns including annual and holiday appeals, giving clubs, and special fundraising initiatives.
• Support relationship managers with portfolio creation, analysis, and regular pipeline management to meet individual donor moves management and fundraising goals.
• Implement custom and automated tactics to support moves management through the cycle of introduction, cultivation, solicitation, appreciation, and stewardship.
• In partnership with Operations and Data Manager, activate donor management system (currently Blackbaud’s eTapestry) to ensure appropriate record keeping, data entry, analysis, and reporting.
• Lead strategy to collect, analyze, and communicate data to inform annual fundraising tactics and donor cultivation and stewardship plans.
• Manage grant fundraising efforts including research and prioritization, proposal coordination and submission, tracking deadlines and deliverables, and acknowledgment and reporting.
• Plan, convene, and staff Development Committee meetings in partnership with Executive Director.
• Ensure all development-related information is updated on the JYW website and third-party sites stay regularly updated.
• Coordinate successful awareness, cultivation, appreciation, and fundraising events.
• Work in collaboration with JYW team to ensure all fundraising efforts have input and participation as needed.
• Executive Director, Development, and team support as requested.
Note: the duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list and additional responsibilities and tasks may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Experience
• Three years of experience in nonprofit development planning and fundraising.
• Experience with donor database systems, preferably eTapestry.
• Proficiency and passion for moves management and portfolio support.
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Creative thinker with the courage and confidence to quickly take ownership and action.
• Love of data, analysis, and project management.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work effectively within a team and independently.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, 40 hours/week, exempt position with a salary range of $62,000-68,000, commensurate with skills and experience. JYW offers a generous benefits package currently including many Jewish and bank holidays. JYW currently pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, and short- and long-term disability insurance for full-time employees. JYW employees are eligible to participate in a 403b savings plan. The position is based in the Denver metro area. JYW does not pay relocation costs.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams. JYW is committed to building a team that represents and reflects our community through a diversity of faith, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity. JYW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.