ARJE is the voice for Reform Jewish education.
We advance the profession of the Jewish educator.
We are dedicated to inspiring excellence in Jewish education.
The ARJE brings together Reform Jewish educational leaders who aspire to live out their sacred calling with passion, dedication, and a commitment to Jewish values and ideals. The Association of Reform Jewish Educators is a professional organization in which members inspire excellence through the work of Jewish teaching and learning. ARJE members enrich lives by challenging minds, nurturing souls and strengthening Jewish communities.
Position Summary: The Association of Reform Jewish Educators seeks an engaging professional who will assume the position of Communications, Membership, and Operations Manager. If you are personable, highly organized, and are keen to add value to a mission-driven organization of passionate Jewish education professionals, we encourage you to apply.
Communications and Marketing:
• Partners with Executive Director and key ARJE leaders to determine and implement communications and marketing strategies and plans for external and internal audiences
• Develops and oversees creation of all print and digital communications, including graphics, program materials, development materials and organizational brochures
• Oversees the preparation and distribution of all e-mail campaigns, newsletters, and other relevant communications
• Creates and implements a vibrant and energetic social media marketing plan across social media platforms (e.g., our closed Facebook group) and non-members (e.g., our public Facebook page), including administering the membership group
• In collaboration with a volunteer who serves in an editorial role and solicits content, creates a weekly e-mail newsletter (ARJEAchshav) for ARJE membership
• Oversees and coordinates overall maintenance of the ARJE website and manages and maintains the ARJE communications calendar
Member Relations Management:
• Oversees and manages all steps in process of enrolling new members
• Records, updates, and produces monthly reports on member data in ARJE database and in Quickbooks
• Collaborates with the ARJE’s bookkeeper regarding accounts receivable
• Creates and maintains forms (Wufoo, Gravity Forms, Google)
• Oversees and maintains ARJE Leadership and Events Calendar in Google
• Answers and fields general inquiries and maintains various e-mail boxes
• Creates and calendars committee meetings, professional learning events, on Zoom and other online platforms, and generates reports when requested
• Provides administrative support to the ARJE executive director and the ARJE leadership
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
• Proven ability to write clear communications messages with impact
• Establishes good working relationships with colleagues and volunteer partners who are relevant to the completion of work
• Knowledge of and comfort with Reform Jewish principles and practices
? Proven experience in creating and implementing marketing and communications strategies and plans
? High standards for excellence, including extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
? Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and processes
? Adaptable to change, both organizational and technological
? Strong computer skills, including proven knowledge of Microsoft Office, and Google platforms, and graphics design software (Canva, Adobe)
? Experience generating, editing, and publishing social media and e-mail content (utilizing the MailChimp, WordPress, and social media platforms
? Ideally, 3+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing; undergraduate degree is required
? Flexible work schedule and location
Salary Range: $48k-$52k
The ARJE believes that everyone is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Interested candidates should forwa**************************osition with East Coast Hours