Culinary Academy Operations Manager
Culinary Academy is a fun, educator-created cooking organization that integrates standards-aligned general studies and values based Judaic studies curriculum into real and engaging cooking workshops. After teaching over 150,000 students in the last 20 years locally in LA, we’re expanding our community across the globe using a robust video platform and live online classes. Within Culinary Academy, we have two company divisions--a general studies division (called Culinary Kids Academy) and a Judaic Studies division (called Culinary Judaics Academy). While we love teaching all of our curriculum through a cooking lens, we are currently focusing on expanding our Culinary Judaics Academy division, looking to make Judaism relevant to all ages and levels of observance through a relatable, modern and personal approach to Judaism. http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is an exciting long term position with major growth potential. Join the Culinary Academy team as our Operations Manager and play a key role in growing the company - both via creatively contributing to our mission and building/supporting company infrastructure. Reporting directly to the company founder, you will work closely with our staff in a variety of areas of operational management. If you’re passionate about making education, especially Jewish education, fun, relevant and transformational to learners of all ages (no matter their affiliation or level of practice), this is the job for you! This position is full-time, salaried and while we are ideally looking for a candidate located in Los Angeles, CA, we are open to candidates who would take on the position remotely from other areas of the country.
What You’ll Do
* Oversee curriculum writing team of 4 part-time staff, including tracking progress of individual timelines and action steps for each written module
* Lead biweekly curriculum staff meetings
* Meet with part-time Social Media Associate on a biweekly basis to collaborate on content calendar based on overall company calendar
* Provide any necessary assets for social media
* Track employee onboarding and offboarding processes, including live scan and food safety certification for new employees
• Manage and streamline protocols, procedures, and policies for efficient communication and output of deliverables
Current and Prospective Partner Support
* Serve as liaison between clients and Culinary Academy
* Respond to incoming phone, email, and website inquiries in a timely manner
* Coordinate with founder and other staff on effective problem-solving for any current or prospective partners
* Join calls with current and prospective community partners to take notes
* Maintain the Outreach Google sheet, updating regularly based on new action steps for open opportunities
* Maintain database of photos and videos (Google Drive)
* Maintain databases of program participants, clients, and rosters
* Maintain and periodically update the Employee Handbook and associated Job Descriptions
* Coordinate any website changes with Web Consultant
* Provide team members access to Google Drive folders as needed
• Maintain company calendar
* Prep and deliver curriculum packets to educators
* Assist online (and in-person) classes as needed by providing technical and/or equipment support for lead educators
* Manage the billing and payment process for all programming
* Collect and file W4’s and W9’s for regular and contract-based employees
* Assist founder with preparation and submission of any grant applications and reports to ensure accuracy and adherence to deadlines.
* Monitor grant activities to ensure compliance.
Other Duties as Assigned, including, but not limited to:
* Create and edit Canva graphics for product covers, marketing materials, and branded content
* Assist in marketing of CA’s content
Your Required Experience
* 2 - 4 years in operations or administration, bonus if at a start-up and/or Jewish organization
What You'll Bring to the Job
- Culinary Academy’s approach to learning through cooking, especially for values-based Jewish education, is compelling to you and you have a strong connection to Judaism and are inclusive of all its forms.
- An appreciation for and general proficiency with the culinary arts is a must - Basic understanding of Kashrut a plus, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to committedly lead a team with positivity, self-awareness, groundedness, and humility.
- Adept ability to proactively communicate (both verbally and written), keep organized and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- While Culinary Academy is a for profit entity, you must have a comfort level working in a nonprofit and educational setting - Experience in the Jewish nonprofit sector a plus, but not required.
- Strong information technology skills is a must as you will be learning/working closely with the CJA’s platform, Kajabi (also should be proficient with Google Suite, Canva, SurveyMonkey and Mailchimp).
- A strong entrepreneurial, innovative and high energy spirit with a desire to contribute to organizational growth via infrastructure maintenance, creative problem-solving, and collaboration.
- You have a strong grasp of Jewish prayer services and b’nai mitzvah ceremonies. Hebrew is a plus, but not required.
- You’re flexible with your time and able to pivot when unexpected situations arise.
- You have relevant experience working with and leading programs for children in grades K-12 and their families. You LOVE kids, big and small.
- You tackle big challenges with resilience and tenacity. You are low-drama, receive feedback positively and productively work through conflict with maturity.
- You are committed to the creation of an inclusive environment where all are uplifted regardless of gender, race, religion or sexual orientation/identity.
Not sure you meet every single bullet on this list? Apply anyway!
What You'll Receive
* The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000 with an ample bonus structure built in
* Medical benefits included
* Paid vacation
* Major Jewish holidays (Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Passover days 1 and 2) off
* Fun and very rewarding work environment