Temple Beth-El is a vibrant, inclusive, multi-generational Reform congregation. We are passionate about creating a Jewish experience that is guided by tradition, rooted in the modern world, and infused with the sacred values of our faith. Through worship, education, and tikkun olam, we strive to better ourselves, our community, and the wider world.
Temple Beth-El is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to serve as our Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant will serve as a key member of the administrative staff of Temple Beth-El, providing administrative and logistical support for the temple’s clergy and a broad range of congregational activities.
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining a wide range of efficient administrative processes to support day-to-day activities. Critical to success are attention to detail, thorough and timely communications, efficient processes, and use of various technologies.
The Administrative Assistant reports jointly to the Executive Director and the Clergy
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide general support and a warm welcome to visitors, vendors, renters, etc.
• Provide robust support to the b’nei mitzvah program: schedule appointments for students, tutors, and clergy; communicate with all stakeholders; monitor progress.
• Prepare correspondence to donors and for lifecycle events.
• Support ritual activities such as memorial notifications, Shabbat pamphlets, announcements, etc.
• Support activities related to a wide variety of congregational programs (e.g. holiday celebrations, dinners, fundraising events, etc.): monitor registration processes, vendors, special requests, preparation of materials, etc.
• Maintain and report on member data; ensure accuracy of congregational records; maintain electronic and paper files as needed.
• Maintain temple calendars, events section of website, other website updates as directed.
• Manage office equipment; coordinate inventory of supplies, order as needed.
• Manage incoming mail, email and calls.
• Strong administrative and clerical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving instincts
• Close attention to detail and ability to plan ahead
• Ability to work seamlessly in a team environment
• High school or BS/BA education; with 3 to 7 years of commensurate experience in an administrative role
• Experience in a synagogue setting or Jewish organization a plus.
• Proficient in various technology platforms and proven ability to learn new platforms. Experience with ShulCloud a plus.
This is a part time role of approximately 30 to 32 hours a week spread over four days. Generally weekdays, although an occasional evening or weekend day may be required.
Salary commensurate with experience. Temple Beth-El is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.