Temple Administrator/Office Manager Position
Greenwich Reform Synagogue is a rapidly growing, innovative congregation located on the Connecticut/New York border (and about 45 minutes from New York City). We are multigenerational, house a full-time preschool (as of September 2021) and are open, inclusive, and home to Jews of all backgrounds.
The Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer of the congregation in accordance with the core values, guidelines and objectives set forth by the Board of Trustees and By-Laws of the Synagogue. The Administrator is responsible for the implementation of the policies of the Board of Trustees. The Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day synagogue administration including all support functions: management of volunteers, fiscal and administrative affairs and the supervision of building maintenance personnel.
The Administrator reports to the Board of Trustees through the President of the Congregation. The Administrator is a member of the professional team, assisting the Executive Committee, President of the Congregation, and appropriate committees. The Rabbi serves as the CEO of the synagogue and the Administrator’s day-to-day supervisor. The Administrator is expected to collaborate with and support the Rabbi and the Cantor/Director of Education on administrative matters.
Qualifications and Prerequisites
• Team player
• Flexible and willing to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances – synagogue life moves fast!
• Passionate about Jewish life and community
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and warmly with congregants, Board of Trustees, and staff; this person will often be the first point of contact for prospective congregants.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; marketing background and know how a plus. Knowledge of Rakefet also a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Sufficient Jewish knowledge to direct synagogue activities; Hebrew a plus
• Demonstrated ability to proactively manage financial resources including budgeting
• Experience in facilities management
• Experience with technology, including website management and social media (Constant Contact, Facebook, Instagram, Textedly)
• Experience working with volunteers a plus
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
• Vaccinated for Covid-19