JOB TITLE: Assistant Preschool Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Early Childhood Education
Work collaboratively with the Director of Early Childhood Education to support the school in functioning effectively and successfully. Inspire and lead in an innovative way, adapting to the characteristics and varying needs of individuals and situations. Provide daily oversight of the program with particular attention to Colorado state licensing guidelines, Colorado Shines, adherence to HR policies, staff schedules, and keeping teacher and student files up to date. Ensure that Jewish traditions, ideas and values are seamlessly integrated into everyday experiences. Lead in a reflective manner that demonstrates the core values of the school.
WHO WE ARE:
Temple Sinai Preschool is where a love of learning begins and each child is celebrated as an individual. We believe in a shared vision of a continually evolving school rooted in our sacred Jewish values. We honor our children’s capability, curiosity, and desire to take risks. As part of a strong and engaged Jewish community, our families are partners in the children's educational experiences. We value a home-school connection by providing support and resources to our families as they navigate the journey of parenthood. We create opportunities for experiential, multi-sensory, and child-directed learning that fosters innovation. We provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment that is welcoming and inclusive to all. Our educators are respected professionals and are the foundation of a successful early childhood learning experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspire and lead a school structure that supports a high quality early learning environment.
- Ensure an environment of reflective practices and processes.
- Think systemically about the unique parts of the school in relation to the whole, recognizing the connections between each area of focus and maximizing opportunities for success.
- Leverage strengths of others to develop an effective team.
- Communicate effectively with team members and engage in collaborative conversations that advance the vision of the school.
Professional Development of Self and Others
- Identify areas for your own professional growth and engage in opportunities that expand knowledge and expertise.
- Welcome feedback and new ideas, keeping supervisor well informed, taking initiative to plan and following through with direction.
- Integrate new concepts and ideas into everyday practices.
- Regularly visit classrooms to ensure compliance of Licensing standards and create training to support improved understanding as needed.
- Responsible for leading the school in the Colorado Shines rating process.
- Support staff in positive Colorado Shine rating experience reflective of core values of school.
- Provide support and oversight for staff PDIS accounts and related training and credentials.
Supervision/Management of Teachers
- Work in partnership with the Director of ECE and administrative team to provide consistent feedback to teachers, as well as evaluate and document performance.
- In collaboration with Operations Manager, provide daily oversight of the teaching schedule, ensuring that ratios are maintained throughout the day.
- In partnership with Operations Manager, Responsible for managing all sick and vacation requests and ensuring compliance with designated policies in this area.
- Work with the administrative team to establish classroom policies and hold teachers accountable for meeting performance expectations.
- Ensure that all performance documentation takes place in a timely and accurate manner and is kept in personnel files
- Utilize the support of the HR Department when necessary.
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll (in absence of Director of ECE).
- Ensure 100% compliance in all areas to meet State of Colorado Childcare licensing requirements.
- Manage staff files to ensure they meet licensing requirements.
- Manage student files to ensure they meet licensing requirements.
- Work with ECE teachers and administrative team to ensure a complete understanding of all licensing regulations.
- Understand Colorado Shines regulations and support the rating process.
- Complete licensing reports to submit to the State Licensing Consultant.
- Complete monthly visits with the nurse consultant.
- Coordinate medical administration training and delegations with the nurse consultant, as needed.
- Schedule annual and bi-annual training as required to meet licensing requirements.
- Coordinate interviews with the administrative team.
- Conduct reference checks.
- In partnership with the administrative team, provide orientation for new teachers with special attention to licensing. regulations, health and safety, Colorado Shines, and staff files.
- Maintain a viable substitute teacher list.
- Work in partnership with the ECE administrative team to ensure that consistent and direct communication takes place.
- Support Director of ECE in creating a system in which regular learning about Jewish ideas, concepts and values take place and support seamless implementation in the classroom.
- Serve as PTO liaison ensuring alignment with school mission and vision. Partner with Temple Sinai and PTO to support joint programs and enhance opportunities for Jewish life and learning for families with young children.
- Support Operations Manager when necessary in the creation and implementation of marketing efforts.
- Work in partnership with the ECE administrative team in making classroom teaching placements.
- Complete work assignments as expected, on time, absorbing routine pressure and maintaining positive demeanor.
- Serve as a member of the TSP Leadership Team and participate in ongoing collaborative opportunities.
- Attend all required meetings and training for TSP and community initiative when appropriate.
- Represent TSP at Tot Shabbat, holiday programs, and special events that support families with young children in coordination with the Director of ECE.
- Assist in all other functions as needed to ensure the continued success of Temple Sinai Preschool.
- State of Colorado Director qualified for a Large Center Preschool.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Educator, or similar field, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in a leadership capacity, supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Colorado State Licensing rules and regulations and Colorado Shines.
- Constructivist teaching experience.
What we offer
- Full benefits package
- Professional membership in Early Childhood Educators of Reform Judaism (ECE-RJ)
- Opportunities and funding for ongoing professional development and/or study
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience