Temple Sinai Atlanta is seeking an innovative, personable and creative individual to join our team as the Engagement and Program Manager. This role will work in partnership with the Associate Executive Director and Senior Manager of Congregational and Community Engagement to align all aspects of congregational life through one strategic engagement vision. The portfolio will incorporate elements of membership management, congregational engagement and program planning and execution – all detailed below.
This position is responsible for the ongoing engagement, satisfaction and retention of existing members. The Engagement and Program Manager will:
- Be involved in the annual membership renewal process and assist in increasing members’ annual commitments to Temple Sinai
- Work closely with Young Adult members as they transition to Regular members
- Hold exit interviews as appropriate and identify concerns, trends or recommendations as needed
- Be involved in the implementation of a new membership dues model, if and when appropriate
- Refine system for tracking member interests, participation and follow up in member database
Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills, feel comfortable with financial conversations and have experience working in database management software.
The Engagement and Program Manager will be involved in helping create and maintain an engagement strategy for the congregation. The goal is to provide opportunities for all members to feel connected to Sinai and one another, regardless of their connection to Judaism, age, stage of life or access. As such, the Manager will work with members of the Executive Committee, clergy and staff to recruit and motivate lay leaders to participate in congregational life through volunteer opportunities and personal outreach.
Candidates must be available some nights and weekends, including 1-2 Friday nights per month.
The Engagement and Program Manager will collaborate with ancillary groups, committees and task forces to plan and implement programs and initiatives that meet the overall goals and mission of Temple Sinai. The Manager will serve as the liaison for ATID, Sinai’s flourishing young adult community. As ATID provides a bridge from the young adult community to the greater Sinai community, this role must serve as a connector, supporter and innovator. Additional specific liaison duties include Atidaynu (bi-annual leadership development program), College Outreach and Navon (senior programming). As new age and stage experiences are developed, responsibility for implementation will be divided between members of the engagement team to ensure consistency with overall engagement strategy.
Additionally, in conjunction with the Senior Manager of Congregational and Community Engagement, the Manager will assume responsibility for planning and implementing all congregational holiday celebrations, including Chanukah, Purim, Passover, Shavuot, Sukkot and Simchat Torah. Duties include identifying lay leaders, and collaborating with all departments, identifying creative opportunities for celebration and event execution. Individual will also have duties related to the execution of the High Holy Days.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, creative and innovate. Additionally, they will:
- Have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Have outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Be a strong self-starter, but also able to work in a team environment
- Possess a commitment excellence, attention to detail, follow through and collaboration
- Understand the importance of data and analytics in decision making
- 3+ years’ experience in the field of engagement, member relations or programming
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and database technology. ClickUp or project management tools a plus
- Able to work some nights and weekends
Temple Sinai offers a robust benefits package, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays (secular and Jewish)
- 403(b) plan
- Life Insurance
- FSA plan