The Manager, Customer Engagement is responsible for the overall customer experience, and operations at the Bernard Horwich JCC. As a key liaison with agency staff, fitness members and the community, the Manager implements the agency’s customer engagement standards, trains and coaches staff, and ensures the engagement staff and fitness team provide the highest level of service to the community.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Work with Director, Customer Experience to understand and implement the vision, strategy and operation “best practices” that align with JCC impact and growth objectives. Meet regularly with the Customer Engagement team to review and continually reassess strategic and tactical goals.
• Responsible for management and oversight of all building operations at the Bernard Horwich JCC including opening/closing, room set ups, work order facilitation and general building upkeep.
• Supervise all aspects of front desk/front office operations. Ensure that proper supplies are on hand to conduct daily business. Ensure that front desk/front office environment is conducive to business operations. Cover and assist at the front desk as needed, actively engaging with members and staff.
• Provide the first line of communication with community members, answering questions and ensuring follow up contact as needed. Communicate customer comments, concerns, and suggestions to the appropriate staff for follow-up.
• Work with direct staff and managers on site to address customer feedback and incorporate this feedback into customer service and facility improvement plans.
• Oversee fitness membership process from lead status to converted members, helping with scheduling reservations, pool lanes and group fitness classes as well as facility tours.
• Engage with current members to address feedback, responding to any escalated issues, as needed.
• Hire, train, schedule and oversee team of fitness and Aquatics staff for personal training, group exercise and swim lessons.
• Hire and provide supervision of direct reports. Assess direct staff’s abilities to meet “best practice” expectations and facilitate ongoing training and development.
• Train team to serve as first point of contact for prospective and existing Fitness members and other program participants.
• Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
• Previous customer service, administrative support and office management experience, including creating and implementing administrative structures and processes.
• Previous supervisory experience in a highly customer service-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated project management success highly preferred.
• Demonstrated success working with databases required; ability to report out of databases (or to learn how) highly preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
• Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with staff and customers.
• Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency in MS Windows, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; ability to learn and become proficient in the agency databases.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Jewish culture preferred.
• Ability to relate well to all ages and backgrounds.
• Willingness to travel to various JCC sites as needed.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Must have ability and willingness to be a presence for evening and weekend events as needed.