About the Organization:
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives.
The Entertainment, Tech & Lifestyle division of UJA-Federation of New York seeks a proactive, self-motivated, and flexible Development Executive/Senior Development Executive. The candidate will be responsible for significant fundraising and engagement strategy across multiple portfolios and must be able to work effectively independently, in a team setting and alongside senior leadership of UJA-Federation, both volunteer and professional. The activities of this division are fast-paced and high-energy; therefore, this role requires a team-player with the ability to multi-task, trouble-shoot, and be a forward-thinker. This fundraiser will have ultimate accountability for achieving their campaign goals.
• Maintain and grow one or more fundraising portfolios related the media, tech, and entertainment industries (this may include tech, music, fashion, sports, theater, content, publishing, marketing).
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and engage individual and corporate donors in support of campaign growth. Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies and techniques, including firm campaigns, one-on-one solicitations, fundraising events, phone sessions, and written communications.
• Develop Major Gifts strategy for donor prospects including identification, stewardship, and solicitation of these donors.
• Educate donors and prospects about the mission and work of UJA through one-on-one cultivation activities, agency site visits, volunteer projects, missions, educational programs, fundraising events, industry briefings and other meaningful activities.
• Oversee and manage multiple annual division fundraising events, including securing honorees, organizing event committees, leveraging existing leadership for fundraising opportunities, and interfacing with internal departments and external vendors.
• Involve lay leadership in strategic manner, including to grow and strengthen each portfolio, by cultivating donors, maximizing opportunities for relationship building, and engaging and leveraging lay leaders to increase dollars raised and expand donor base. Develop and implement plan to assure quality lay leadership for upcoming and successive campaigns.
• Provide necessary professional support to appropriate lay committees. This includes agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, and handling or delegating related tasks such as meeting notes and follow up.
• Collaborate with staff across the organization – including fundraising and non-fundraising professionals -- to develop and implement strategies to maximize engagement with donors, their firms, and their families.
• Build positive UJA-Federation brand awareness among industry professionals.
• Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred.
• 3-5 years minimum of demonstrable fundraising and/or sales experience in the entertainment/tech/media industry, including one-on-one and phone solicitation.
• Ability to manage individual assignments effectively and independently while mobilizing others around shared priorities.
• Strong strategic planning, negotiation and consensus building skills.
• High degree of comfort with high-net worth donors and senior leadership.
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and relationship-building skills
• Strong customer-service orientation.
• Team player with the ability to multitask and handle multiple competing priorities.
• Creative, energetic, self-motivated, quick learner.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Comfortable and adept at communicating and presenting in person and via digital/remote platforms.
• Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission required, Knowledge of relevant industries a plus.