About the Organization
The world’s largest local philanthropy, UJA-Federation of New York’s mission is to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, to respond to crises close to home and far away, and to shape our Jewish future. Funds raised by UJA-Federation sustain the activities of local health, human-service, educational, and community agencies. Every day, these community-based organizations provide a multitude of services that improve and enhance people’s lives.
The Account Manager on the Brand & Marketing Team is a multi-faceted position. The role is perfect for someone who’s a strong communicator, a problem-solver, a natural wordsmith, a talented relationship-builder, and a project manager extraordinaire. In a word — a juggler. In this role, the Account Manager needs to be a facile and creative writer with the ability to develop engaging marketing content for his/her/their fundraising portfolios — from start to finish — within the established UJA brand voice. At the same time, the Account Manager will be a master of details, overseeing every moving part of a project, executing the myriad details behind the marketing efforts that support a variety of fundraising divisions. In this capacity, the Account Manager will drive essential project management to ensure that projects are completed on time.
The Account Manager will report to the Director, Client Services, who oversees all client relationships and operations across the Brand & Marketing team.
As in other lines of business, the Account Manager is expected to be a quick study, savvy and deeply entrenched in our fundraisers’ world, understanding the relevant dynamics that will inform marketing decisions.
• Actively builds relationships and engenders trust and credibility among fundraising colleagues and other stakeholders across the organization
• Provides ideas and works as a trusted advisor for various fundraising divisions serving in a consultative capacity to help drive forward-thinking marketing ideas
• Manage a very large number of marketing projects at one time, from inception to completion
• Creates, monitors, and manages project plans and schedules, ensuring that projects stay within agreed-upon scopes and timelines
• Works with internal teams (digital, design, proofreading, etc.) to ensure that all deliverables are moving according to schedule, including obtaining sign-offs/approvals from fundraisers and leadership
• Coordinates, executes, and completes projects and tasks, ensuring consistency with brand strategy and organization’s objectives
• Completes all forms and data entry for all calendar listings/submissions (i.e., online registration, e-blast requests, etc.), including scheduling/timeline management in cloud-based project management system
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Develops strategic, well-written marketing content and materials, including emails, flyers, web copy, and brochures to promote fundraising and other UJA initiatives
• Creates innovative solutions to marketing challenges
• Works collaboratively with senior marketing colleagues, designers, digital, social, and web team to develop and execute marketing plans that drive donors, prospects, and volunteers to engage with our brand
• Helps to further develop the UJA-Federation brand voice and make it relevant to the marketplace
• Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
• Communicates well, even over-communicates
• Demonstrates a clear ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects
• Exceptionally strong communicator, both in spoken and written form. (Tight, clear, pithy)
• Resourceful and self-directed, able to work independently with minimal direction and to ask the right questions of the right people to learn on the job
• Unflappable, particularly during moments of stress
• Comfortable asserting herself/himself/themselves when necessary to keep projects on track
• Can quickly develop strong working relationships with colleagues across a variety of departments throughout the organization
• Has a sense of humor and is unfazed by demands for quick turnaround on all assignments, including the unexpected
• Has strong interpersonal skills — both in person, via email, and on paper — to work effectively with colleagues and internal clients (of varying personalities, styles, skills, needs, and priorities) to reach desired goals
• Has a bachelor’s degree and experience writing, managing marketing projects, and developing creative solutions, or has some related experience and willing and eager to grow into this position
Writing samples required