Full time, exempt
Reports to Executive Director
We are a welcoming and inclusive conservative Jewish congregation on the San Francisco mid-Peninsula. We have about 500 member families plus a 40-family Preschool. We are focused on robust learning opportunities for all ages to meet the synagogue’s needs as well as Social Action programs and Caring for our community. We have four long-term clergy who have been leading the congregation from 6 to 27 years.
We are looking for an experienced Office Manager who has some technical knowledge to troubleshoot and support our systems. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and project management skills. You will be the day-to-day face of the office providing outstanding customer service in all member interactions and support for the smooth running of our facilities and equipment. Your role will be taking the lead to ensure we have office coverage, maintenance and supply management, and facility readiness. Our administrative team is essential to allowing us to fulfill our mission to offer meaningful spiritual and educational opportunities across all phases of life.
o Team leader to provide administrative support and answer phones, monitor visitors, receive deliveries, answer member questions, excel in customer service, attend meetings, and follow protocol to inform clergy of member emergencies.
o Coordinate volunteers to work in the office as needed.
o Develop office policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented appropriately, identify opportunities for improvement.
o Backup for the other members of the staff and support as circumstances require.
o Responsible for oversight of maintenance and upkeep of building and grounds including managing all facility vendors and contractors, office equipment, supplies, and repair scheduling.
o Scheduling preventative maintenance and respond to maintenance emergencies.
o Follow and update organization-wide safety and emergency preparedness plans.
IT and Media:
o Managing and maintaining IT infrastructure – become familiar with our systems in order to provide desktop support for minor questions and escalate if needed.
o Graphic design layout - develop and implement digital and print materials for distribution to our members.
o Set schedules for publications and meet deadlines. Work with staff to coordinate submission of content.
o Write, proofread, and edit for consistency of style, look and feel.
o Provide staff coverage at High Holy Days, evening and weekend events as needed. Occasionally attend weekly worship services.
o Other duties not described on an as-needed basis.
- Use of technical software including calendar, email, Constant Contact, Office Suite, Google Workspace, Website maintenance, ShulCloud member database, Zoom, Asana, graphic design tools, sound systems and microphones, etc.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and able to troubleshoot outages and resolve issues with the support of our vendors.
- An organized multitasker who successfully manages multiple projects and always meets deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities, very detail oriented
- Takes initiative, provides feedback, and strives for a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, works well as part of a collaborative team and independently
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to sensitive information about staff and members
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and rituals or ability to learn
- Editing and proofreading
Experience: 3+ years of previous administrative experience a plus.
We are reopening our office in compliance with COVID-19 guidelines as issued by the County, State and Federal authorities. Our staff is fully vaccinated. We expect this position to commence in-person as the nature of the work is essential to the everyday functions of the organization.