Reports to: Vice President, Jewish Education and Leadership
Job Description: This position will coordinate aspects of three key initiatives for the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford: Destination Hartford, Havurah Initiative, and the Jewish Leadership Academy
About the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford shares the Jewish values of repairing the world (tikkun olam), helping those less fortunate (tzedakah) and learning from the wisdom of our tradition (Torah). At the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford, we work together to create a better life for Jews and their neighbors in need – in 30+ towns across Connecticut, in Israel, and around the world. We do this through our Annual Campaign, volunteer projects, educational programs, social justice advocacy and much more.
Destination Hartford Roles and Responsibilities (16 hours/week)
Destination Hartford is an initiative to encourage Jewishly committed people who live in metropolitan areas to move to Greater Hartford where there is a thriving Jewish community, jobs, and an attractive cost of living.
Coordinate all aspects of the Destination Hartford Project including
• Serve as the first point of contact for people interested in moving to the Greater Hartford community.
• Connect potential residents with appropriate contacts within the Federation and with outside professionals and community members.
• Work collaboratively with marketing consultants and internal marketing department to promote Jewish Greater Hartford.
• Build strong relationships with area employers, real estate agents, and community leaders.
• Record, track and generate reports on key data points related to the project.
Havurah Initiative Roles and Responsibilities (10 hours/week)
The Havurah Initiative encourages and provides funding for the formation of ongoing, intimate, peer-led groups that share and explore a Jewish focus of their own choosing.
• Engage with the broader Jewish community in Greater Hartford to encourage the formation of havurot, ultimately recruiting 5 new havurot annually.
• Recruit connectors for the havurot and support them through individual monthly meetings, group trainings, and providing of programming ideas.
• Monitor and oversee each of the havurot regarding programming expenditures, financial management, and programmatic guidelines.
• Attend and participate in meetings run by the Havurah Initiative.
• Track data from each of the havurot and foster connections between participants and to the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford.
Jewish Leadership Academy Roles and Responsibilities (10 hours/week)
The Jewish Leadership Academy strengthens the skills of our community’s existing leaders and train new leaders, ensuring a pipeline of knowledgeable and collaborative lay volunteers and professionals prepared to lead with vision and excellence in the Greater Hartford Jewish community. JLA’s goal is to inspire, engage, and mentor leaders, to meet the needs of and build a more vibrant, collaborative, and connected Jewish community.
• Manage and post to all JLA social media outlets and track analytics. Work collaboratively with the JLA team to identify material for posting.
• Enter and maintain participant and program data into SalesForce. Run reports, analyze data, and coordinate with others in the office to enter participant data into Raisers’ Edge.
• Work with the marketing team on all pre- and post-event communications.
• Attend and coordinate logistics for JLA events including venue, contracts, food, attendance, etc.
? Manage program related paperwork and reports.
? Facilitate committee meetings as required.
? Managing volunteer relationships as required.
? Other duties as assigned.
? Bachelor’s Degree or higher required.
? Non-profit management experience preferred.
? Fluency and comfort level with Jewish values.
? Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
? Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Sales Force Data Base.
? Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
? Strong communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
? Works efficiently under pressure and time constraints.
? Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
? Flexibility in work hours. Nights and weekends may be required.