Do you enjoy mentoring young people? Are you inspired to create positive change in our local community? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment for a values-driven organization that cares deeply for its employees? If so, the Boulder JCC might be the place for you!
Our dynamic and community-centered organization is looking to add an energetic, conscientious, and resourceful Camp & Youth Assistant Director to our team. The Camp & Youth Assistant Director holds a significant leadership role during the summer at Cherryvale Day Camp and is responsible for our year-round after school and School Day Out programs.
* Supervise staff for Camp and After School and assist in training and supervision
* Responsible for the recruiting and hiring of all summer staff
* Lead camp wide programming like shabbat sing, morning gatherings, etc.
* Manage communications with parents of campers and staff and maintain confidentiality
* Building and maintaining relationships with our camp and youth families
* Oversee the registration and implementation of the youth department programming
* Assist with the planning, development, and growth of Cherryvale Day Camp
* Work with program vendors as needed
* Work with and support the Marketing Department to support the marketing of Camp and After School Programs
* Strong background and experience in camping, childcare, education, and/or related fields
* Experience supervising staff, program management, and implementation
* Passionate about youth programming and working with children
* Ability to step into a variety of roles during camp and throughout the year
* Willingness and ability to take full responsibility for the safety and security of campers
* Sense of humor and serious interest in having fun
* Extra bonus: Ability to play guitar and sing for campwide programming
This is an exempt salary position with a salary range of $35,000-$37,000 commensurate with experience. The Boulder JCC offers generous benefits for full time employees including health and dental benefits which include employer contributions, paid vacation time, retirement plan, and more.
The Boulder JCC remains committed to maintaining the safety, security, and health of our staff, students, and community. To that end, the Boulder JCC has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all Boulder JCC employees, with certain exemptions for religious and medical/disability. The Boulder JCC will require all employees, including temporary staff (i.e. seasonal), to obtain and maintain up to date COVID-19 vaccinations.
Applications are accepted online on our Careers page (see link below). Once you submit your application, our Camps, Teens, & Youth Director will be in touch if we would like to schedule an interview. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Boulder JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Boulder JCC’s mission is to provide programs and services based in Jewish values and traditions in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather to connect, exchange ideas, learn, and grow. The Boulder JCC is recognized for its innovative approaches to community engagement with the next generation and families through meaningful experiences and philanthropy.
If you have any questions, please contact Julia Paeglis at 303-998-1900.