THE WORKMEN’S CIRCLE
Overview of Organization: The Workers Circle is a progressive nonprofit Jewish social justice organization that engages in strategic social justice activism through campaigns, education, and coalition work. Our mission powers progressive Jewish identity through Jewish cultural engagement, Yiddish language learning, multigenerational education, and social justice.
The Event Manager is a manager-level position within the Development and Communications Department responsible for the conceptualization, development and execution of events that will be held online, offline and hybrid, primarily related to Social Justice and Jewish Culture. The Event Manager conceives of and recommends new events while also executing the signature events of the organization. The Event Manager is responsible for all logistics of event planning from conception to prepping speakers and execution to debriefing. The Event Manager will work other members of the department on audience development and partnership-building as appropriate. They will work with members of their department to ensure the timely and accurate communications and collateral materials for all events and should be able to work independently without daily supervision.
This position reports to the Deputy Executive Director/Director of Development and works with the Senior Manager of Digital Media and the Marketing Manager to execute the promotion of events. Attendance at all events is expected.
This position which requires at least 5 years of experience in event planning.
• Plan and implement through the lifecycle of small and large events (e.g., holiday events, member programs, social justice marches and events – under direction of Director of Social Justice, annual street festival, annual member meeting, Annual Benefit, trips).
• Develop project timelines necessary for event success with detailed list of needs/deliverables including vendors, event spaces, speakers.
• Develop comprehensive event calendar incorporating existing events and new events.
• Track attendance and sources thereof ensuring attendees are added to CRM.
• Coordinate and execute logistics and develop and monitor timelines and budgets of events.
• Prepare all speakers and support staff as needed prior to events.
• Coordinate with department staff to build event community through follow-up with attendees pre and post events.
• Coordinate with Marketing Manager to promote all events through eblasts, postcards, flyers, robo calls, etc. as necessary, working with appropriate staff on design and execution.
• Develop agenda and run all debriefing and regular event meetings.
• Provide regular updates on event statistics that will be shared at board meetings.
• Use event statistics and debriefing meetings to make recommendations for improvements of events.
• Brainstorming and implement event plans and concepts.
• Establish, negotiate and maintain relationships with vendors and venues.
• Creating reliable financial reports.
• Handling budget and invoicing.
• Handling all logistics.
• Managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise.
• Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event.
• Developing event feedback surveys.
• Oversee the creation of event publications, signage, syllabus materials, and conference apps
Salary and Benefits
We offer a very generous and comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
Dog friendly office.
This is a full-time, hybrid position. Days and hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-5:30PM. Three days in the office and two days working remotely from home.
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position here and s*************