Executive Administrative Assistant
Overview of Organization: The Workers Circle is a progressive nonprofit Jewish social justice organization that engages in strategic social justice activism through campaigns, education, and coalition work. Our mission powers progressive Jewish identity through Jewish cultural engagement, Yiddish language learning, multigenerational education, and social justice.
The Executive Administrative Assistant position assists the CEO, DED & Dir of Dev and Operations & HR Manager but works under the direct supervision of the Operations & HR Manager. This position also provides support to the CEO’s direct reports when needed.
This is a broad position and requires someone who is process and operations-oriented, highly detailed, with a strong multi-tasking ability, who can see small and large projects to conclusion. You must be a reliable support for the CEO, particularly with scheduling and acting as board and committee member liaison. Maturity, discretion, tact and good judgment are absolutely essential in the handling of the CEO’s affairs.
We are a social justice organization, with an enthusiastic and dedicated staff who are called upon, from time to time, to support our fundraising events, marches, rallies and actions with their attendance. These events can occur during the day, after work and sometimes on the weekend, 6-10 times roughly, per year. We work toward creating a positive work-life balance, and have a dog-friendly office, with frequent cake-forward gatherings and breaks to help balance our days. We welcome people who think outside the box and are self-starters.
• Manage the CEO’s calendar of appointments.
• Schedule and coordinate weekly meetings; follow-up as needed.
• Prepare meeting materials.
• Handle confidential communications in a professional manner to assist all internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage telephone calls.
• Liaison with our vendors and IT.
• Perform other administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
• Act as a project coordinator as needed for all related activities to manage timelines and deliverables.
• Set up/send out meeting notices/reminders, compile and distribute materials for Board of Directors and Committee Members meetings.
• Assist with set up and take down of in-person meetings and events, food orders, conference phones, etc.
• Check VM and manage the phone system dashboard.
• Keep CEO on schedule and office neat and organized.
• Oversee office supply inventory and needs and place orders.
• Provide general assistant-level support (general, administrative and/or clerical).
• Execute small and large projects as directed.
• Assist the [Maria] oversee the day-to-day workings of the office and use of the facilities.
• Attend/support events 6-10 times a year, which may include social justice-related or fundraising events.
Experience working with C-level executives and/or complex executive administration work experience in entertainment, government, nonprofit or human services setting.
• Excellent communication and written skills.
• Strong Customer Service skills.
• Full working knowledge of Outlook and MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Power Point; enthusiasm and willingness to learn all aspects of Power Point.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to learn and a pitch-in-to-help manner with a can-do attitude is expected.
• Dependable and responsible.
• Professional and poised under pressure.
• Positive and personable with strong interpersonal skills.
• Dedicated and highly organized with the ability to preform multiple tasks and handle changing priorities successfully.
• Able to research issues and find solutions.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a very generous and comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with education and experience.
Dog friendly office.
This is a full-time, hybrid position. Days and hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-5:30PM. Three days in the office and two days working remotely from home.
To apply, send resume, with cover letter, including salary requested and how your experience relates to this position here and s*************