The Bronfman Fellowship, a transformative and selective program for Jewish teens, is seeking an experienced, multi-skilled professional to join its team as Administrative & Data Associate. This is a great opportunity to contribute to this prestigious fellowship program and get exposure to nearly all aspects of non-profit administration in a dynamic office and team environment. The right candidate will play a key role in administrative tasks where attention to detail and accuracy is crucial. They will be able to learn, update, and ultimately play a leading role in data management and maximizing use of the CRM and other technology systems/platforms. They will support the work of the Executive Director, Deputy Director and Finance Director, and provide logistical and operational support for events and customer relations. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to prioritize and quickly pivot between projects; and equally comfortable working within a team and independently are also highly desirable.
The Fellowship selects intellectually curious and promising Jewish teens with diverse backgrounds and identities who demonstrate the ability to be cultural creators, deep thinkers, moral voices and community builders. Fellows are encouraged to take pride in the expression of their unique Jewish identities and stories, while recognizing and valuing the distinctiveness of others. The Fellowship includes an immersive summer program, weekend retreats and year round engagement. For more information on The Bronfman Fellowship please visit www.Bronfman.org.
This position is full-time and based in Midtown Manhattan. The team is currently working on a hybrid schedule with a mix of remote days and days in the office.
General Administrative Support
o Respond to general email and other correspondence
o Support the Program Coordinator with logistics and events planning responsibilities during busy periods
o Execute mailings including mail merge, printing, handling, and shipping of materials
o Answer the main phone line
o Serve as the primary team member responsible for adding and updating information in our Salesforce database, and running reports as needed by the team
o Suggest and implement ways to maximize the use of Salesforce for the benefit of specific initiatives and projects and for the team as a whole
Financial Data Processing
o Organize and enter accounts payable and credit card charges into QuickBooks Online
o Input donations into Salesforce, save documentation and deposit checks at the bank
o Support the Finance Director by completing tasks as needed for reporting and reimbursements
o Send thank you letters for donations and dedications
o Support the Executive Director in managing her calendar, handling certain correspondence, and arranging travel.
o Manage the outreach and engagement calendar for large donors and play a support role in cultivating donor relationships
Competitive candidates will possess most, if not all, of the following:
• Relevant work experience with responsibility for administrative office functions and supporting senior professionals
• Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently and work in a fast-paced office and organizational environment
• Strong software and technology skills and the ability to learn and pick-up new systems quickly
• Experience, familiarity and comfort with Salesforce or similar CRM/databases
• Experience with QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software a plus
• Advanced skills using Gmail, Google Drive, and MS Office
• Professional and friendly written and verbal communication skills
• Comfort working both independently and as a part of a team
• An openness to learning new things
• Interest in the Jewish community, and an open mind to people with different perspectives and opinions