Temple Etz Chaim is looking for a FT Marketing Assistant. This person will be someone who can build a brand presence with social media and all marketing-related elements. The ideal candidate is highly creative and strategic, is a self-starter, and is willing to learn new things. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and Google Analytics is required. One year's experience in marketing, social media, communications, or public relations is required. This is not a telework position.
• Communication. It’s vital that you’re able to communicate what is going on and what is needed.
• Organization. Key to staying on top of projects, tasks, and campaigns.
• Detail-Oriented. It’s important to have an eye for detail to prevent errors or mistakes on our social accounts, and promotional materials as this reflects the TEC brand.
• Creative Writing. Copywriting for social media posts.
• Confidentiality. Many of the items we deal with are sensitive and should be kept confidential outside of the office and at times should not be shared outside of the people directly involved.
• Responsive. It’s important to respond to online conversations in a timely manner.
• Professionalism. It’s critical maintain professional interpersonal skills as candidate will interact with congregation, board members, and staff.
• Know the business. It’s important to be aware of strategies and platforms to enhance TEC reach.
Job requirements are:
• Develop creative content and suggest engaging ways to attract more followers and promote our brand on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Constant Contact, and Website
• Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering social media traffic and customer/model engagement metrics
• Design and create the Etzetera, the temple’s monthly bulletin under the direction of the VP of Communication
• Design and create the weekly Shabbat Handout under the direction of the Rabbi
• Update TEC’s website to keep content and design current
• Collaborate with Executive Director, Clergy, Programming Coordinator, Board of Directors, and Auxiliaries to promote events
• Work as part of the Administrative team to answer phones, manage mail, set up meetings and closely interact with members and staff.
• Keep up-to-date with latest social media trends
• Marketing influencer
• Measure the success of every social media campaign through analytic tools
• Help prepare materials for promotional planning, new events, press releases and special projects
• Conduct marketing research and analysis to define opportunities and recommend new ideas or marketing strategies