Under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer, the Clinical Services Administrator is charged with setting the agenda for clinical practice development, professional training, quality improvement programming and reporting as well as business administrative leadership duties which include close collaboration with the COO, and the Clinical Services Administrator’s respective Program Directors and Lead Clinicians to ensure the provision of effective quality mental health services to referred clients. The Clinical Services Administrator is responsible for assuring clinical procedures are continually and systematically followed in practice to assure optimal performance in achieving client safety as recipient of clinical care, adherence to accepted standards of care, vigilance over risk management practices, satisfactory clinical outcomes and continuous quality improvement within their respective practices, in the areas of client experience, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of care, and operational efficiencies to optimize client flow and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. Clinical Practice: Carry out duties as per Provider Employment Agreement
II. Clinical Services Administrator
A. Human Resources and Agency Operations & Administration
1. Collaborates with the COO with communications to departmental staff regarding any aspect of clinical practice and/or agency operations as requested
2. Assists with professional recruitment efforts and assist in making decisions to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward or discipline subordinate employees
3. Provides input and supports into the organization on staffing and processes of care to promote efficient client flow, client satisfaction, and optimal provider productivity and provider experience to optimize professional retention
4. Promotes attitudes, environments and operational systems directed toward client satisfaction
5. Builds work teams to promote effective and efficient agency operations
6. Assures timely performance evaluations of clinicians within their respective departments are conducted with appropriate inputs (e.g. 360 reviews, goals)
7. Ensures proper oversight of the Clinical Internship program
8. Organizes/project manages Lead Clinicians in the evaluation of their respective clinicians and other ancillary provider staff performance against job description criteria and competency assessment and provides guidance and coaching to develop an individual as well as a specialty program to its highest potential
9. Conducts effective department meetings to promote communication, rolls out new initiatives, promotes JFS mission, goals and objectives
10. Ensures timely approvals of clinical staff’s timecard, vacation and sick time off requests
11. Schedules, forms the agendas and facilitates clinical staff department
12. Supports fund development through grant reporting, writing and management
13. Performs other duties as requested.
B. Clinical Practice – Quality
14. Assesses training and supervision needs of clinicians within their respective service area and promotes developmental activities that contribute to their training
15. Assures that clinical staff protocols are appropriately utilized for referral, follow-up and quality assurance
16. Leads development and adoption of JFS clinical guidelines
17. Participates in CQI Program including audits, client satisfaction, protocol development and in-service training
18. Contributes to the success of JFS by participating in quality improvement activities
19. Participates in utilization review and manage process within department.
C. Clinical Practice- Risk Management
20. Assures that clinical procedures and services performed are within the approved skills profile and/or scope of practice
21. Reviews and approves, as appropriate, continuing education programs as required to upgrade clinical skills and maintain licensing requirements
22. Assists the Chief Operations Officer in clinical risk management program development as requested
23. Attends at least 80% of all required committee meetings
24. Attends meetings and other in-service trainings as established by your supervisor
25. Assists with development of electronic medical records documentation design as may be required to mitigate clinical practice risk and optimize clinical quality
26. Complies with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations Reports unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity
27. Reviews all clinical incidents submitted as occurrence reports.
D. Policy and Strategy
28. Implements overall administrative, fiscal, and personnel policies in support of agency accreditation
29. Assists with development of Policies & Procedures affecting clinical practice
30. Assists CEO and/or COO in the formation of corporate as well as departmental strategic planning and budgeting as may be requested from time to time
31. Assures adherence to clinical practice goals objectives articulated within the annual Clinical Services Operations Business Plan (OBP)
32. Participates in supporting amicable interagency business and clinical relationships with aligned strategic partners of JFS such as hospitals, corporate partners, foundations or donors with whom JFS is engaged to further its mission
33. Performs other duties as may be assigned in support of JFS mission and success.
• State of Texas license as a PhD, PsyD or LCSW
• Clinical expertise in crisis intervention, assessment, trauma informed care and general understanding of psychopharmacology and impact of chronic medical conditions on mental health
• 5 years in a similar leadership position within a nonprofit agency, hospital, medical facility or community agency
• Computer proficiency including use of Electronic Health Records, Telehealth platform and Microsoft Office suite of products
• Experience working with managed care and billing for clinical services
• Possesses effective verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional manner
• Ability to work with people of all social and ethnic backgrounds and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to prioritize and implement strategies by developing systems and programs.
• Possesses skills in assessing community organization as related to the establishment of integrated agency programs and services.