Congregation Beth Israel (CBI) is a traditional and egalitarian Conservative synagogue, with a warm, welcoming, family environment. Located in Union County, NJ, CBI is a growing community with many young families moving to this popular area. With the help of our new Communication / Office Associate, we are looking to enhance our online presence and digital communications in a variety of ways.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in creation and distribution of CBI email communications including but not limited to twice weekly congregational emails, programming specific emails, monthly religious school updates.
- Maintain, grow and engage CBI’s social media presence (Facebook and Instagram).
- Website support including but not limited to upkeep, making sure all events are current and accurate, creation of events/registrations as needed, and help to ensure maximum information and communication is available to membership and community at large.
- Assist in creation and distribution of materials to publish (both hard copy & electronically) for all CBI programming.
- Manage monthly content calendar in conjunction with CBI staff and support needs and updates.
- Ensure photos are taken at all events and activities and they are uploaded to the appropriate places in a timely manner.
- Late-afternoon and Sunday office support while religious school is in session including answering of phones, monitoring front door intercom, assisting in photocopies/scanning and other logistics as needed (Sunday morning, Wednesday & Thursday afternoons).
- Provide administrative support for synagogue programming, including religious school. This may involve calling locations, procuring supplies, creating event pages and RSVPs, preparing needed materials and photocopies for teachers.
Who You Are:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience.
- Understanding of Jewish ritual, holidays and customs is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, organizational skills, creativity and imagination
- Strong customer service and phone skills
- Able to handle confidential information professionally
- Desktop publishing, photography and website maintenance knowledge
- Familiarity with ShulCloud desirable
- Ability to function well in a team and work well with staff, board members and community members
- Strong vision and attention to detail
- Flexible and can work with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of communication channels and techniques
- Comfort working in a synagogue community comprised of many members
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, social media sites, with an interest in learning to use other programs as needed
- Flexibility to work Sunday mornings, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, and additional flex time that works for you (approximately 20-25 total hours/week)
- Working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is preferred