Summary: Congregation B'nai Torah is a vibrant, egalitarian, Conservative congregation in the heart of Sandy Springs, GA. We pride ourselves on being a warm, welcoming community, and offer a broad range of opportunities for worship, learning, and social activities for all ages. We welcome your application for the Event Coordinator position on our professional team. This position offers flexibility with schedule, includes some night and weekend work, and is a 30-hours per week role. This position will report to Congregation B'nai Torah's Executive Director and collaborate closely with the Director of Engagement and Outreach, with additional opportunities to work with all members of the synagogue staff and lay leaders.
Position Scope: The Event Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and coordinating the master programming and events calendar and proactively liaising with staff, clergy, lay leaders, and space sharers to ensure proper setups have been submitted. This position is also responsible for coordinating and overseeing logistics and set ups for Shabbat dinners, holidays, b'nai mitzvah, life cycle and other events, collaborating with staff and volunteers, including room set-up, and communication between volunteers, vendors, staff and clergy; acting as on-site staff during events, as needed. This person will also be responsible independently coordinating other assigned events and should be a team player, as well as a confident and proactive professional.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
• Plan and execute, in conjunction with lay leaders and other staff, four major programs a year including festivals for Hanukkah and Purim, Back Together Bash and a Year-End Event.
• Liaise with Director of Engagement and Outreach to plan monthly programs for each cohort.
• Act as on-site staff during events, as needed.
• Act as on-site staff during Shabbat, as needed.
• Independently coordinate certain events, as assigned.
• Provide logistical support and basic event planning for rental and in-house events at Congregation B'nai Torah.
• Liaise with Congregants and Non-Members who will be holding an event at CBT including, but not limited to Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Bris, Naming, Wedding, and community events.
• Communicate CBT requirements to clients and vendors including but not limited to rental fees, kosher catering, security, room set up, additional needs.
• Work with individuals or named delegate (e.g. party planner, caterer) to determine room set up and other needs during day of event.
• Interface with vendors and ensure that CBT policies are followed, deposits collected and returned, etc.
• Staff congregant and non-member rental events as needed, including being the liaison with CBT Facilities Director /Maintenance Team and client or vendors/party planner.
• Facilitate logistics and order food for congregational events, including but not limited to, Sabbath and festival meals, major programs and fundraising events.
• Create and manage facility rental manual. which will include facility polices, rental fees for members and non-members, etc.
• Oversee contracts that are executed with individuals and vendors using facility.
• Schedule and coordinate mashgiach (kosher supervisors) as needed.
• Work with CBT Marketing team to appropriately market the facility.
• Maintain limited office hours during the week as needed to plan for events and meet with individuals, vendors and other staff.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Competence in all major office software.
• High level of energy; willingness and flexibility to take on and accomplish multiple varying assignments in a fast-paced environment.
• Solid management skills to oversee several projects concurrently and meet deadlines effectively.
• Self-starter with excellent communication skills.
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Strong logistical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Natural inclination to work collaboratively, to adapt to changes gracefully, to organize tasks and people smoothly, to drive to closure.
• Strong personal qualities such as tact, the ability to engender respect, and a sense of humor.