Temple Emanuel is a busy synagogue with multiple portals of entry. The Communications manager is responsible for building connections with our community members through thoughtful and engaging communications and marketing. The Marketing Manager is a highly collaborative position working with Sr. Management, the professional staff and the clergy.
Temple Emanuel’s mission is that: Individuals are inspired to fulfill their Jewish identity and participate actively in our dynamic Reform Jewish religious community.
The Communications Manager is a member of the Administrative and Professional Team of Temple Emanuel. This is a part time position. The communications portfolio is responsible for communicating the values and events at Temple consistently and coherently.
This position will report to the Executive Director to ensure that Temple engagement, worship and programs are well communicated to the congregation and community through multiple print and social media.
Prerequisites and Personal Qualities
• 1-5 years of professional experience
• Flexible hours
• A minimum of a BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize under the pressure of deadlines
• Detail-oriented and organized
• A positive attitude, collaborative spirit and engaging personality.
• Knowledge of communication techniques through print and social media and the skills to execute
• Working knowledge of Social Media applications
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment and under tight deadlines
Specific software and platforms
• Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
• Social Media Platforms; such as: Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
• Google Analytics
• Microsoft Suite including SharePoint
• WordPress, etc.
o Oversee vision and Message of Website
o Operations – updating events, artwork, links, analytics
o Proactively soliciting website content
? Manage and coordinate schedule of check-in for pages and program area content updates
o Actively manage online calendar and posts to online community calendars where appropriate
• E-Notes and e-mail marketing
o Snapshot of the week ahead/two weeks/major upcoming events
o Staff meeting confirmation of details needed for e-notes
o Liaison to Sisterhood/Brotherhood and other program areas of Temple
• Social Media
o Social Media channel management (i.e. Streamed content, meetings, etc.)
o Facebook / Instagram, etc.
? Determinations of groups and management of those groups and content
? Coordination and cross-promotion of Facebook pages
? Events/Publicity and Updates
? Manage a coordinated blog effort by Sr. Rabbi and other staff
? Manage frequency and target audiences
? Oversee content, messaging and target populations
• Bulletin – Print communications
o Vision and Message
? Determining major communications priorities for deadlines and time lines
? Coordinating who is responsible for each piece
? Coordinate cross-platform consistency
o Coordination of Bulletin content
? Bring up approaching bulletin deadline at staff meetings
? Coordinating bulletin vision
? Listing of known events for time span
? Operations and Editing
• Hard Publicity/Building Communication
o Building Decorations
• Press Releases
o For major events and important community-wide information
o Contact Engagement Director and Executive Director re: methods/outreach
• Individual Communications - Digital and Hard Copy
o Prioritize and coordinate all written and print communication
o Determine how this is connected to overall Temple goals and other events around same time frame
o Ensure that all communications are consistent with Temple goals and programmatic time frames