Americans for Ben-Gurion University (A4BGU) is seeking a Marketing and Events Manager to serve a dual role in the development of event content and management of logistics, as well as management of marketing needs by spearheading initiatives from ideation to creation to execution. The Marketing and Events Manager will play a critical role in copywriting/editing, creative direction, segmented content strategy, WordPress for website development and ongoing management, and Luminate Online for e-marketing and fundraising.
Key Events Responsibilities:
• Planning and execution of a wide-range of event logistics that position A4BGU and Ben-Gurion University positively among donors, prospects and the community at-large
• Supporting the execution of A4BGU 3-Day Annual Meeting and all events that encompass the meeting
• Managing the creation of event collateral by working closely with graphic designer/marketing director
• Developing close partnerships and facilitating collaboration with members of the national staff, engagement team, development staff, BGU staff, and BGU faculty members
Key Marketing Responsibilities:
• Project manage and maintain heavy production schedule for the day-to-day print and digital collateral that includes: event marketing materials; campaign and educational brochures; print and digital newsletters; promotional and educational videos; fundraising appeals, and more.
• Manage the marketing and communication needs of fundraisers in all markets throughout the U.S.
• Support content creation for organization’s persuasive copy, including speeches, talking points, webinar scripts, eblasts, campaign collateral, invitations, fundraising pitches, bios, web pages, and more.
• Maintain and update WordPress website
• Manage website content, including daily writing and posting of news content
• Support the execution of digital marketing strategy, content creation and promotion of social media, serving as support to the Digital Marketing Senior Manager.
• Edit and create videos for use across channels to include branding and integration of optimal footage
• Host and monitor live webinars on Facebook and assist with live streaming or Zoom back-end needs
• Manage other projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years’ marketing experience and exposure to event planning
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Outstanding communication skills: Ability to express self clearly and empathetically in interactions with others in all forms of communication
• Interpersonal Awareness: Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and actively contribute both individually and as a member of working teams
• Professional Credibility: Ability to take responsibility for meeting goals, objectives, deadlines, and solving problems while representing the mission, vision and values of the organization
• Creative thinking with an aptitude for design, aesthetics and exciting programming
• Ability to work with outside vendors
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Technical proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PDF Software
• Proficiency with WordPress and FileMaker
• Proficiency with Luminate, Salesforce, and eCRMs including Pardot, Classy and Blackthorn
• Demonstrated knowledge of creative A/B testing, media formats and internet technologies. Understanding of inventory and delivery process, third-party ad tags, rich media concepts preferred. Prior experience leading UX/UI projects, particularly on website projects preferred.
• HTML coding and development for email using responsive design and email coding best practices. Design compelling emails based on user-centered design principles and email marketing industry best practices. Produce clean, technically accurate files.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience; competitive benefit package available
Start Date: Immediately
A4BGU is an equal opportunity employer.