Communications & Marketing Coordinator, Yeshiva of Central Queens
Yeshiva of Central Queens (YCQ) is seeking a Communications and Marketing Coordinator, reporting to the Head of School who will implement strategies to streamline internal and external communication with our parent body and broader community, and support branding, recruiting, and fundraising for YCQ.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Development and management of a streamlined and effective internal, and external communication strategy with parents and all community stakeholders
• Writing and editing of content for internal and external communications, including social media platforms
• Development of visual and creative assets for internal and external communications and media
• Sourcing of newsworthy programs, services and events, followed by creation and distribution of press releases
• Partnership with professional and lay leadership to promote new initiatives for school branding
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Experience with social media strategy and implementation
• Ability to work effectively and independently with all levels of professional and lay leadership and school staff
• Self-starter who can set priorities and juggle assignments to meet multiple deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe, or equivalent
Education, Preparation & Training
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, or a related field.
• Desirable [but not required]: At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably at an educational institution or not-for-profit.
The Yeshiva of Central Queens is a thriving 900+ student Orthodox Jewish Day School that serves the Queens and Long Island community. For more information please visit us at ycqweb.org.