DILLER ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW
The Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards is an immersive experiential education program for 11th graders designed to inspire and promote Jewish engagement and leadership among Jewish youth. This international program began in San Francisco 20 years ago and has since expanded to include 32 communities across North and South America, South Africa, Australia, Europe, and Israel. The program is sponsored by the Helen Diller Family Foundation and the Federation.
DILLER PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Over the course of the 12-month program, Diller Teen Tikkun Olam Awards focus on:
• Jewish identity development
• Leadership skills development
• Israel exploration and connection
• Community service and tikkun olam
Each year, 20 Bay Area teens are selected to participate in the program in parallel with 20 Diller Teen Fellows in the Upper Galilee. The two groups participate in a curriculum which includes:
• 13 Sunday workshops
• 3 weekend retreats/Shabbatonim
• A ten-day Bay Area visit by 20 Israeli teens from the Upper Galilee to learn about the local Jewish community
• A 3-week Israel Summer Seminar bringing North American and Israeli teens together for an intensive and immersive experience
The Program Associate is responsible for providing administrative and program support, as well as organizing and coordinating operations under the direction of the Managing Director. Key responsibilities include general administration, managing online and software platforms, providing process guidance to program applicants and committee members, and contributing to year-round project management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
• Manage and implement all year-round logistics and operations for the program.
• Serve as the primary administrative point of contact for all committee members.
• Provide general administrative support to Managing Director, and other team members as needed.
• Work with colleagues to ensure accurate and timely budget tracking, reconciliation, payment requests, reimbursements, vendor contracts, Award disbursements, etc.
• Maintain current contact information for committee members and alumni (Raiser’s Edge / Salesforce / Airtable).
• Manage all aspects of the nominations, applications, and references processes in Salesforce.
• Collect and analyze application data, generating statistical reports for the review and selection process.
• Manage the creation and digital distribution of applicant materials for committee members.
• Lead and help manage and perform due diligence investigation/vetting of awards applicants to help clarify veracity and details of their projects.
• Coordinate logistics, in-person and virtual events, and preparation of materials for meetings
• Serve as a key partner coordinating Awards weekend events, ownership of key logistics (event catering, transportation, hotel reservations, etc.).
• Develop and maintain guest lists for all Awards events using Airtable.
• Produce and manage general correspondence, emails, letters, mailings, etc.
• Support and manage communications with committee members, applicants, nominators, event guests, etc.
• Manage applicant communication, sending application status and deadline reminders and notifications to non-Awardees.
• Respond to general inquiries about the program.
• Manage the Awards website in partnership with professional technical support when required.
• Ensure database maintenance and produce periodic program reports.
• Support Salesforce projects and maintain an updated database with an eye for improvements.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT
• 2-4 years related professional experience.
• Excellent organizational and project planning/management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Strong interpersonal skills and high degree of integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES)
• Experience as a Salesforce administrator.
• Strong computer skills required including MS Office Suite, particularly Excel experience.
• Database management experience.
• WordPress experience strongly preferred.
• HTML and Airtable a plus.