BBYO’s mission is simple: More Jewish Teens, More Meaningful Jewish Experiences.
Throughout BBYO's 95-year history, the organization has brought leadership training, community service opportunities, Jewish education, a connection to Israel, and positive identity to thousands of Jewish youth in North America and beyond. While the organization’s structure has grown and modernized significantly over the past decade, the basis is the same; BBYO provides fun and meaningful Jewish experiences for Jewish teens everywhere. Today we have nearly 23,000 North American members and 10,000 international members.
BBYO’s professional team is united in their belief that they can enrich the life of a young person in a very profound way. This is accomplished by bringing Jewish teens together so that they can form powerful relationships with each other and with inspiring adult role models. By creating compelling Jewish environments and experiences, BBYO helps young Jews feel pride in who they are, in control of their own destiny and a part of something bigger than themselves.
The Director of Philanthropic Engagement will develop and execute strategies to engage alumni, parents, and community members in supporting and advocating for BBYO. They will fundraise, develop volunteer leaders, and create strategic partnerships in their communities. This person will be part of a cross-country development team that is responsible for engaging external stakeholders in BBYO’s work in creative and innovative ways.
• Develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective and current donors
• Set specific metrics around increased giving, expanding the pipeline, and securing new and increased gifts in the $1,800+ range, meeting the department fundraising goals
• Engage prospective donors with specific interests and/or expertise in areas that align with BBYO initiatives or strategic priorities
• Identify and solicit endowment and legacy prospects
• Strategize with, motivate, and support the local adult lay leadership FAN committees in the implementation of fundraising efforts
• Plan fundraising and stewardship events
• Manage grants and relationships with local foundations and Federations, as necessary
• Work closely with program professionals to gain knowledge of the ongoing activity of the program
• Oversee all and write select communications sent to non-teen stakeholders
• Work closely with the Marketing & Communications Departments to implement on- and offline marketing initiatives to support community building efforts
• Increase visibility of BBYO’s brand
• Build strategic funding alliances to elevate the Jewish teen agenda and BBYO’s presence
• 5+ years of experience in major gifts development for a non-profit organization or political campaign
• Strong volunteer management skills
• Excellent public speaking skills
• Exceptional verbal, written and proofreading skills
• Very motivated, creative, and willing to take risks, entrepreneurial in spirit
• Strong listening skills, ability to work with different constituents and to be flexible is required
• Ability to hold oneself accountable and work without regular face-to-face supervision
• Prior success developing and implementing fundraising strategies, including event planning experience
• Experience with a customer relationship management tool is welcomed, but not required
• Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time is required
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.
• The staff-member must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within 6 weeks of start date.
• To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function with or without reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
Benefits of Working for BBYO:
• Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 2.5x Salary Life Insurance
• Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
• Up to 22 Paid Secular and Jewish Holidays
• Flexible Work Environment
In addition, we provide excellent opportunities for professional development. We have a flexible work environment; we promote work life blend, and we provide generous family leave.
The position is full-time and has the flexibility to be based in any major U.S. metro area