Is your idea of a great experience one that creates buzz and connects well-connected, philanthropic individuals to our life-changing work whether it is in person or virtual? A gathering that builds and sustains community around shared passion for a better world? That’s ours too – and we’re looking for a creative, detail-oriented professional to bring that kind of expertise to reach out to our donors. We want nothing less than a collaborative leader who likes people – a diplomat who is both excited by the opportunity to reach out to newcomers and able to inspire new heights of involvement and commitment in our supporters. If that sounds like you, we invite you to apply for this unique opportunity to help raise the bar and build Jewish community.
POSITION: Donor Experience Associate
DEPARTMENT: Campaign - Donor Experience
SALARY: $69,786 to $93,933
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Works under the direction of the Senior Vice President: Donor Experience to assist in the annual campaign fundraising activities. Is responsible for assigned lay/donor aspects of divisional activity, committee stewardship, events and programs, and does other related work as required.
• Assist in the formulation of plans and organization of assigned divisions/affinity groups for the Campaign.
• Create, organize and implement leadership development strategies and tactics for assigned division(s).
• Recruit, organize and train volunteer workers.
• Assure adherence to Campaign time schedules.
• Help build welcoming communities for assigned division/affinity group.
• Direct and maintain files of prospects;
• Based on established guidelines, utilize donor management system (DMS) software to document and maintain files of donor/prospect and substantive ongoing “moves” contacts in collaboration with Donor Relations team.
• Supervise assigned support personnel.
• Meet with individuals and committees on event program and seating.
• Coordinate personalized pledge cards and notes, select and train table captains and additional event related tasks
• Responsible for event/sponsor recruitment and follow up, identifying donor homes, selecting speakers and Federation education.
• Prepare necessary reports.
• May staff leadership development groups, committees in conjunction with senior staff.
• Special events or other activities and functions as assigned.
Be available to supervisor(s) for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION
• BA required, advanced or business degree preferred.
• Prior experience in fundraising, sales and/or related activity with a local or national organization.
• Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically is essential.
• Project management and event production skills needed.
• Detail oriented, highly organized with excellent follow through is a requirement.
• Experience with MS Office applications and facility with database/Constituent Management Systems.
• Knowledge of Judaism and the Jewish community, strong verbal, writing and organizational skills highly desirable.
• A hybrid work model will be implemented for certain positions during transition back to worksite(s). This position must report to worksite on non-remote workdays, as determined by the Federation. Once the transition is complete, this position will be expected to perform work on site.
• All staff and building occupants must be fully vaccinated and proof of vaccination status will be required. Please disclose if accommodation to the Federation’s vaccination policy is sought for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs