Congregation Shaarey Zedek, a vibrant Conservative Jewish synagogue in Southfield, MI, seeks an organized, experienced, and people-focused Office Manager, who will join our team as a key leader of all administrative processes.
1. Supervise administrative support staff, including the Cantor’s Assistant and Receptionist, while developing and refining documented standard operating procedures
2. Oversee and help conduct the processing of lifecycle events, such as sending death notifications, yahrzeits, and monthly minyan schedule cards
3. Manage and disseminate weekly yahrzeit/shiva/shloshim lists
4. Maintain the yahrzeit database
5. Coordinate the use of building for simchas and rentals, sell and book the space, and serve as primary liaison for external events (includes some work on evenings and weekends) with the renter, caterer, and facilities team
6. Assist the Executive Director with scheduling, special projects, and coordination among volunteers, clergy, and staff
7. Coordinate volunteers working in the synagogue office
8. Serve as administrator of human resources issues for the organization, such as interface with the benefits contractor, scheduling interviews and training, and coordination of the performance review process
9. Train and mentor newer staff in CSZ processes and culture, and coordinate onboarding of new hires
10. Oversee congregational mailings, handouts, and emails, in coordination with the Marketing/Communication Consultants
11. Oversee the public and internal synagogue calendars in coordination with the Program Manager and Marketing/Communication Consultants.
12. Maintain operational levels of office supplies, and order as needed and approved.
13. Maintain office equipment in working order, and coordinate repairs and purchases as needed and approved, working as necessary with vendors and the IT Contractor.
14. Distribute daily mail, process postage for outgoing mail, and oversee bulk mailings.
15. Open and review mail related to checks and credit card payments, assign account codes, and forward to finance
16. Send meeting notices to Board of Trustees, Executive Board, and committees
17. Develop expertise and serve as a resource person in the use of ShulCloud CRM
18. Prepare monthly membership reports (resignations, deaths, new members, inventory, 3-year dues) and other reports, as needed.
1. Demonstrated ability to manage administrative staff, including at least 3 years of management experience
2. Excellent attention to detail and ability to understand the strategic context of work
3. Ability to thrive in the presence of multiple priorities, effectively managing one’s own time and that of others.
4. Enthusiasm for learning and improving processes and procedures.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) within the organization and with its members
6. Experience in improving office processes, increasing efficiency, and adhering to a strategic focus
7. Excellent technology skills required, including Microsoft Office suite and database experience. CRM experience strongly preferred.
8. Experience working in a religious not-for-profit organization preferred
9. Bachelor’s degree required, education in project management preferred
To apply, please email Robert Rich, E***********************e.
Congregation Shaarey Zedek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.