Looking for a smart, resourceful, cheerful person with a true “can do” attitude who is a great writer, very comfortable with tech, and ready to roll up her/his sleeves and jump into a variety of projects.
Here’s an idea of how you will spend much of your day, but flexibility and being able to prioritize is key!
• Monitor one very busy email inbox in real time. Draft responses and respond to emails. Be very organized in regard to follow up.
• Rigorously manage Outlook calendars for both professional and personal activities.
• Coordinate meetings, webinars, and speaking engagements in an efficient way, including:
o Scheduling Zoom conferences, recommending meeting locations, making reservations, etc.
o Preparing for meetings, including but not limited to: ensuring audiovisual requirements are met, preparing PowerPoint presentations, booklets, research, etc.
• Manage travel arrangements, including coordinating driver’s schedule, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, dining, and activities.
• Make insightful, logical budgetary decisions and manage expenses, vendor payments, credit card statements, wire transfers, and political/charitable donations.
• Manage certain household tasks such as:
o Scheduling repairs for home, such as appliances, HVAC, and managing home and mobile technology, etc.
o Maintaining great relationships and communications with vendors, service providers, and technology support partners to troubleshoot technological issues.
o Answer phones and utilize call-forwarding to personal phones during scheduled work hours when working virtually.
o Run errands, including caring for family dogs (ordering supplies and visits to the vet).
o Help prepare and oversee large upcoming move from Summit, NJ to NYC, West Village.
• Plan and execute all aspects of events, dinner parties, and large-scale holiday celebrations in and outside of the home, including managing invitations, follow-up, and guest lists for events.
• Monitor and reply to nonprofit’s social media comments and emails. Occasionally post on nonprofit’s social media channels.
Skills that you’ll need to succeed:
• Minimum of six years of executive assistant experience; or a combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
• You must be an exceptional writer. This means correct grammar, punctuation, and clear, logical writing 100% of the time. You’ll need to be polite, friendly, and professional on the phones at all times as well.
• Confidentiality, discretion, and trust are extremely important and are crucial to success.
• Technical fluency: Interest in the latest technical advances is very important. This will help you do your job as efficiently as possible and help keep us on top of our technological games as well. The more you can outsource to the latest app the better! You will need to have an affinity for all technology and experience with Google Suite, social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, be able to troubleshoot and fix the printer with our tech support partners, etc.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• It’s a plus if you have a driver's license (with a clean record).
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented and have a customer-service orientated mindset.
• Maintain the highest standard of privacy, confidentiality, and discretion.
• Proactive and self-motivated.
• Internet savvy, resourceful, up-to-date on current technology, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Zoom, etc.
• Positive and upbeat when under pressure.
• Able to juggle several tasks at once, work quickly and efficiently, and able to change gears as tasks arise throughout the day.
• Flexible to work between New Jersey and New York City in 2021, then after that job is NYC.
• Dog friendly.
Verification of identity, education, prior employment, and references will be required
Location: You’ll work out of a home office in Summit, NJ, that has three dogs, four days a week. The house is a fifteen-minute walk from the Summit, NJ train station. Sometime in late 2021, position will transition to New York.
Hours: Monday through Friday, approximately 9:00am until 6:00pm with some flexibility for time-sensitive or critical issues.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|