Leo Baeck Temple, founded in 1948, is an innovative Reform congregation whose members are committed to searching for moral, spiritual and intellectual nourishment from one another. It is a place where we come together to worship, learn and socialize through our Jewish community. We build our community on the four pillars that are said in our tradition to sustain the world; study, worship, giving and acts of loving-kindness.
Essential to ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of the Temple office, this position is responsible for providing support to and conducting projects for the Temple Clergy and Executive Director, and acting as a high-level liaison between the Temple professional team and its members. The candidate is expected to maintain a high level of decorum and must respect the confidentiality of information received in this position. The ideal candidate will possess exemplary technology and communication skills with the ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with others. Prior office, and data management experience a plus. Comprehensive benefit package; competitive compensation commensurate with experience; immediate opening. Opportunity to work remotely a couple days a week.
• Serves as an example and role model in customer service in accordance with the high standards desired.
• Coordinates and oversees the administrative needs of the temple office (phone coverage, supply ordering and management, mail distribution, storage, etc.).
• Identifies and resolves issues before (or as) needed.
• Send out Lifecycle News memos regarding births, and deaths, Kaddish and Yizkor notices and monthly birthday and anniversary letters.
• Process correspondence for all donations
• Assists clergy with daily administrative tasks including:
o scheduling meetings/calls, sending reminders including links
o Meeting/service logistics – including compiling all necessary information and ordering food, as needed
o Booking travel and hotels
o Format and send congregational emails from CRM
o Pulling CRM reports
• Purchases and reimbursable expenses (calculates, tracks, and reports on office expenses, and tracks receipts and general ledger assignments related to the use of the credit card held in the name of the clergy.)
• Tracks project budgets as assigned
• Enters new and updated data in the Shulcloud CRM system daily and create member files.
o Updates and distributes new member information to staff and Temple president.
• Maintains Shulcloud tags, keeps directories and rosters up-do-date, and prepares emails and print mailings for the Board of Directors and its committees.
• Provide technology assistance and host programs for the clergy, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s preferred, Associate degree considered
• Assiduous in the practice of confidentiality, tact, and discretion
• Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with congregants, staff, and lay leaders
• Congregant (customer) focus with a friendly demeanor
• Detail-orientation with excellent organizational and project management skills
• Excellent judgment, including high-level skills in troubleshooting and problem-solving
• Effective written and oral communication
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database programs, and online research
• Passion for the work of synagogues/religious institutions, schools, or nonprofits highly desirable
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. On occasion, the employee is required to reach, kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently life and or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job including close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Overtime is occasionally required.