Incredible opportunity for a highly self-motivated, creative, passionate individual who wants to be a part of something BIG! This candidate will have the opportunity to impact the face and the future of children and adults at the world-class Israel Sport Center for the Disabled (ISCD, also referred to as the Center below). Participants from young to old who are physically challenged as a result of birth defects, acts of terrorism, or accidents, receive transformational therapies and programming through all forms of sport and recreational activities at the ISCD. The Center has a 60-year record of proven success in helping these athletes of all ages become integral and successful members of life and society through newfound abilities gained through sports at the ISCD. Many compete in the Paralympics and return to Israel with medals of distinction. The ISCD is about living full and meaningful lives every step of the way.
AFISCD seeks a Marketing and Communications Manager who will help put ISCD on the map in the United States. Our organization serves as the fundraising arm of ISCD with the corporate office located in Northfield, IL, a suburb of Chicago, and additional team members in New York and Los Angeles. Our board members consist of dedicated individuals from around the US. In addition to general fundraising, our organization holds several online and in-person events throughout the US, including golf outings, wheelchair basketball exhibitions, wheelchair tennis exhibitions, casino nights, galas, brunches, concerts, parlor meetings, movie nights, and more.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for developing the overarching communications strategy, execution, and implementation for all communication initiatives on key channels such as website, social media, brochures, articles, newsletters, PR, etc. In addition, this individual will assess current communication platforms, tools, and infrastructure, and make recommendations to drive further efficiencies and collaboration. The Marketing and Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively with the professional staff and lay leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish AFISCD’s communications strategy, creative direction, implementation plan, and metrics for success.
• Create and manage key communication materials such as e-blasts, e-newsletters, marketing materials, articles, Annual Report, Board Book, invitations, acknowledgment letters, videos, text messaging blasts, and others as needed.
• Develop and execute the social media strategy, manage ongoing social media efforts, and create engaging posts on AFISCD’s platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), and track engagement as appropriate.
• Monitor and report brand activity and use metrics to drive social media, email, and web strategy.
• Coordinate with staff on the event calendar and create program-specific communications plans and assets that will encourage specific audiences to respond/participate.
• Create and maintain AFISCD’s new website to ensure the information is dynamic, current, accurate, and engaging.
• Ensure regular contact with media (Jewish and secular) for coverage of events and programs and/or arrange for and monitor interviews for all media requests, and track press coverage. Identify potential story ideas for the media and build and maintain appropriate media lists
• Participate in key meetings, including weekly staff meetings in order to be informed of leadership priorities and decisions and provide insight and guidance with respect to communications issues and needs.
• Prepare reports and analyze data regarding the impact of the marketing plan.
Qualities and Qualifications
• Relevant demonstrated work experience in marketing, communications/PR with strong creative experience in social media, web content management, graphic design, and CRM
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications required
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Canva, and other graphic design applications preferred
• Proficiency in Constant Contact a plus
• Experience using Salesforce, WordPress, and HTML a plus as well as a love of learning new software, and better ways to accomplish tasks.
• Solid problem spotting, solving, and decision-making skills
• Ability to self-direct, take initiative, be flexible, and set and achieve stretch goals
• Ability to think strategically about planning and management
• Team player
• Ambitious, can think creatively and out of the box
• Ability to interact with all staff and lay leaders with kindness and integrity
• Likes to laugh
Chicago location is preferred, but remote applicants are welcome.