Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate B’nai Mitzvah sign up meeting to choose Bat/Bat Mitzvah dates
• Make sure B’nai Mitzvah families have made deposits to hold date, are on a payment plan and/or fully paid on time
• Schedule all B’nai Mitzvah dates from start to finish – meetings with clergy, tutors, rehearsals and family photo sessions
• Assign students and manage B’nai mitzvah tutors; provide materials; organize meetings; approve payment cards and submit to accounting/payroll
• Collect headshots and biography from each student
• Coordinate recording of B’nai Mitzvah service
• Collect guest list for all venues
• Put names on Bimah for the Rabbi to read off during services
• Follow up with family after B’nai Mitzvah
Skill and Educational Requirements:
• 5 years of experience in related field.
• Proficiency in a Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and independent work skills.
• General knowledge of Judaism and its practices to be sensitive to the needs of our synagogue members.
• Be a calm, organized presence during the stressful and emotional time of a family preparing for a B’nai Mitzvah.
• A desire and commitment to further the goals of Temple Israel.
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal communications.
• Ability to proactively drive bookings.
• Ability to interact in a positive manner in person and on the phone.
• Be an effective time manager
• Leadership in a team approach
• “Knowledge of Jewish customs preferred”