As Gateways enters a new phase of organizational growth and development, we are seeking a resourceful, results-oriented individual to support efficient and effective use of database platforms across the organization, including our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database of donors and prospects, our multi-purpose database for tracking timesheets and contracts (QuickBase), and related systems which may be utilized for tracking and reporting on programmatic impact (e.g. Google forms, Excel).
As we transition to a new CRM database and as we continue to develop within our QuickBase applications, this position will have an opportunity to develop best practices alongside the Director of Development and Chief Operating Officer. This position will hold primary responsibility for handling database structure, data entry, report generation, and compliance for all Raiser’s Edge, Virtuous, and QuickBase functions that support the daily data needs across the organization, including recommending and implementing improvements to work flows, and supporting staff across the organization in easily and efficiently entering and accessing the data they need to do their best work.
Duties and Responsibilities (note – our office is currently closed due to COVID, and some of these responsibilities may be different or not applicable while the position is operating remotely):
Development Database Support
• Execute the database operations of the development department including but not limited to: data entry, gift acknowledgment and financial reconciliation.
• Maintain and update the CRM database, and train others as appropriate.
• Serve as primary generator for all Raiser’s Edge and Virtuous lists and extractions for foundation/corporation proposals and reports, which may include coordinating with finance and program staff to collect budgets, program reports, etc.
• Prepare regular reports to keep senior management and lay leaders informed of fundraising progress.
Operations Database Support
• Develop familiarity and expertise with our customized QuickBase applications, which are used across all departments of our organization for processes from job applications to service billing.
• Identify opportunities to improve processes, minimize redundancy, and increase efficiency.
• Develop and maintain a suite of regular reports and dashboards from QuickBase to support marketing, programs and operations.
• Serve as a process management resource to staff across the organization, including the development of custom reports as needed.
• Work with staff with varying degrees of database expertise and comfort to learn how to access and utilize data and reports to meet their varied needs.
• 2-5 years’ work experience in database management or related areas.
• Demonstrated proficiency in database management and report generation. Direct experience with Raiser’s Edge, Virtuous, and/or QuickBase a plus.
• Superior attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, and strong ability to multi-task across priorities and deadlines. Ability to thrive in the details while keeping the big picture in mind.
• Passion for the value of having the right data in setting strategy and telling Gateways’ story.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently with a creative and innovative spirit, and to be a collaborative participant within a small and dedicated staff team.
• Flexibility in responding to ad hoc assistance requests from staff as needed.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook.
• Professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with a diverse population, including individuals with special needs. Passion for Gateways’ mission a definite plus!
• BS/BA degree or comparable experience.