Reporting to the Chief Advancement and Strategy Officer, the Manager of Gift Processing and Data will play a critical role working closely with the Advancement and Accounting teams. This position is responsible for gift and membership-related data entry and for otherwise maintaining the accuracy, integrity and confidentiality of the Museum’s Raiser’s Edge development and financial database. The focus on and accuracy of gift and data entry, maintaining the membership program database, gift acknowledgements, and reports is critical to the success of the Advancement department.
• Accurately and efficiently enter and maintain constituent gift data in Raiser’s Edge and regularly review and update the data as needed
• Process and enter museum gift and membership gift batches from Caging Company, Bank Deposits, and Online Credit Cards. Run Gift Validation Reports for each gift batch
• Create new biographical entities in Raiser’s Edge for donors, members, prospects, corporations, and otherwise research and maintain all levels of biographical information in the database
• Work closely with membership-related duties such as membership coding, and membership fulfillment
• Work closely with the Advancement team to support and produce acknowledgement letters for Board, Tribute, Annual Fund and upper level Membership gifts
• Design and develop queries for data extraction and reporting
• Develop and formalize Gift Processing Procedures
• Work with Finance team to ensure accuracy of on-site sales that convert to RE
• Communicate with donors to resolve any gift processing questions
• Enter data, maintain records, and track progress
• Maintain accurate donor records, tracking donation history, activity, and correspondence
• running donor reports
• Track and analyze fundraising and marketing campaigns, response rates, and internal metrics
• Assist all members of the development department to reach our goals.
A Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit management, business, marketing or related field
Prior experience working with constituent data management system Raiser’s Edge
Experience with generating accurate, presentable queries and reports
Ability to upload data and merge databases a plus
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Work and Excel software is essential
Minimum of 2 -3 years of fundraising experience
Have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Strive for excellence in terms of quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work produced.
strong skills in planning, prioritization, multi-tasking, organization, efficiency, and follow-through in the execution of responsibilities
Ability to meet required deadlines and schedules