Congregation Dor Tamid is a warm, welcoming Reform synagogue serving the North Metro Atlanta community. We are a congregation of 230+ families committed to spiritual growth, Jewish education, Tikkun Olam, and maintain and building social relationships among our community.
We are currently seeking a Communication Coordinator to join our dynamic staffing team. Successful applicants should be energetic, creative, and organized. The position will be between 3/4 and full time.
Communications Coordinator, Congregation Dor Tamid
a. Answer phones (including screening calls for Rabbi) and respond to general inquiries
b. Greet visitors and assist them as needed
c. Provide administrative support to Staff
d. Provide administrative support to Committees and Board as needed in miscellaneous functions
2. Marketing/ Website Management
a. Manage weekly Synagogue Eblast
b. Manage Monthly electronic newsletter
c. Manage social media streams
d. Update the website as needed
e. Acknowledge donations/receipts, lifecycle events
f. Mail Yarzheit observance notifications
g. Coordinate administrative aspects for the High Holidays
a. Maintain supply of Prospective member packets
b. Engage prospective new members who call or visit CDT
4. Administrative Assistant to Rabbi
a. Maintain Rabbi’s calendar including scheduling meetings
b. Maintain an organized, efficient and responsive system for the Rabbi in regard to attending to temple duties and functions
c. Provide communications to congregants on behalf of Rabbi
d. Support Rabbi in preparation for Shabbat, holidays, classes, and programs as needed
5. B’nai mitzvah Program
a. Responsible for administrative coordination of the B’nai mitzvah program
1. B’nai mitzvah service dates, Hebrew assessment, tutoring, Family meeting with Rabbi & rehearsals
ii. Lead communication with B’nai Mitzvah families
1. Ensure each families paperwork is complete
2. Coordinate tutoring schedule for weekly b’nai mitzvah class
3. Oversee any additional Synagogue needs for B’nai Mitzvah families (ie. Rental of social hall for kiddush, event setup, etc)
4. Order b’nai mitzvah Torah portion guide books and gifts, submitting tutor payroll, updating student files, keeping spreadsheets updated, etc.
5. Participate in B’nai Mitzvah Family Workshop
6. Prepare and print all materials for B’nai mitzvah service
7. Various other administrative duties as assigned.