Harvard Hillel seeks an experienced Director of Annual Giving to oversee the strategy and implementation of its Annual Giving program. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial and a committed strong team player who is excited about taking this solid annual giving program to the next level.
What You’ll Do
In collaboration with the Campaign Advisor, you will help develop a strategic roadmap to increase annual revenue and donor acquisition/retention by: analyzing donor data, cultivating donor relationships, and creating opportunities for connection.
In partnership with the Director of Communications, you will help develop a multi-channel communications to connect various donor segments (e.g. young alumni, parents, general alumni, graduate students) with the institution.
You will develop and implement shorter term strategies to address immediate strengths and weaknesses of the annual giving program through a variety of means, including but not limited to: donor data analysis, targeted messages, personal contact.
You will work with the program team to co-lead and facilitate select Harvard Hillel annual events.
On a day to day basis you will
- Develop and implement identification/cultivation/solicitation/stewardship efforts targeted toward key donor constituencies including: alumni, parents, community members.
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical skills and a keen understanding and interpretation of data to enhance strategic thinking and goal-setting, and a high-level capability in all analytical EXCEL functions, Microsoft Word, and Powerpoint
- Demonstrate expertise in the implementation of annual giving principles, best practices and strategies with successful outcomes
- Be a self-directed team player in an externally-focused, goal-oriented position
- Be a consummate professional who is accustomed to being discrete with highly confidential information, and is fully committed to ethical fund raising practices
- Prepare grant proposals and reports for individual donors, philanthropic foundations, and other funders
- Develop and promote a culture of philanthropy including creativity, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement
What You’ve Accomplished
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expertise and proven success: implementing a comparable annual giving program using best practices and strategies, planning and leading events, applying written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of fundraising software e.g. Raiser's Edge, Donor Perfect or similar
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- A creative, team player who demonstrates an enthusiastic, problem-solving approach to their work and profession
- A strong desire to represent and communicate the institution's mission and connection to Israel in a way that inspires stakeholders to invest in Harvard Hillel's work
- Availability to work in-person or remotely, and periodically outside of normal schedule for evening or occasional weekend obligations
- Curiosity, sense of humor, flexibility, desire for growth and learning
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the Boston-area nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health/dental insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and career growth potential
About Harvard Hillel
Harvard Hillel is the catalyst for Jewish life at Harvard University, energizing students to shape Jewish cultural, religious, and social identity to represent the Jewish people in the life of the University, to build bridges among communities, and to form enduring commitments to Jewish life and self-expression. Harvard HIllel is committed to pluralism, inclusivity and Jewish diversity and is a safe space on Harvard's campus.
Harvard Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all