Overview of Organization: The Workers Circle is a progressive nonprofit Jewish social justice organization that engages in strategic social justice activism through campaigns, education, and coalition work. Our mission powers progressive Jewish identity through Jewish cultural engagement, Yiddish language learning, multigenerational education, and social justice.
The Digital Media Manager is a manager-level position within the Development and Communications Department responsible in the development and execution of marketing campaigns, coming up with innovative strategies, design and implement social media strategies, help drive brand recognition and impact that align with the organization’s goals and mission.
This position reports to the Deputy Executive Director and Director of Development and works with the Event and Marketing manager. Attendance at all events is expected.
This position requires at least 5 years of experience in a similar role (preferably at a nonprofit organization).
• Develop and implement a social media strategy that builds an online community of followers.
• Develop and execute multiple, concurrent campaigns in Social Justice, Education, and Culture.
• Develop and execute a plan to grow organizational email lists and cultivate lists for different campaigns.
• Create and execute a plan to grow the social media presence of the organization across a range of platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube.
• Craft and write emails to support organizational social media and fundraising campaigns, programs, and appeals.
• Develop online relationships with kindred online communities and influencers including media outlets and journalists.
• Identify and make recommendations for website, blog, and social media boosting and advertising.
• Develop an editorial calendar and appropriate content.
• Develop benchmarks and key measurements for social media performance and website metrics as well as timeline for monitoring and evaluation of same.
• Manage and update website content as needed.
• Develop and maintain a photo library.
• Be the steward of our brand and work within the tone, mission and visual identity of our brand.
• Oversee an intern when necessary.
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role (preferably at a nonprofit organization).
• Proven ability to create content and leverage social media in service of campaigns for a variety of ages and audiences.
• Proficiency in Salsa or similar CRM.
• Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Canva and WordPress.
• Ability to successfully promote an organization’s brand.
• Proficiency in analyzing website and social media metrics.
• Ability to analyze website and social media traffic, including creating dashboard and other measurement tools.
• Demonstrated passion about social justice causes.
• Current engagement in the Jewish progressive social justice or progressive social justice space is preferred.
• Superior project management skills.
• Stellar communication skills – written as well as verbal – and interpersonal skills.
• Commitment to the organization's secular and progressive mission and vision.
You will be needed at times outside of the usual M-F work times and days.
Dog friendly office.
This is a full-time, hybrid position (until further notice we are working remotely).
To apply, send resume, with cover letter and how your experience relate**************IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To ensure we meet our mission and actualize the Jewish values and ideals on which our mission is based, we strive to hire, train and retain the most talented staff possible. A vital part of this commitment includes welcoming, respecting and encouraging diversity among our staff, including fostering an environment in which all staff have the greatest opportunities to thrive. We encourage all candidates to apply for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.