Position/Title: Logistics Manager
Department: Temple Staff
Reports to: Director of Special Events
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Hourly), Benefits-Eligible
Compensation: $29.00 per hour
Work Schedule: 36.5 hours per week,
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Thursday
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM Friday
(30-minute lunch; potential to modify hours to provide 60-minute lunch)
Select evening and weekend hours based on event schedule
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is responsible for the day-to-day logistics of the Temple and Schools while supporting all programs. The manager will be responsible for planning, managing and scheduling the daily operations of our calendar which include meetings, activities, sports, programs and events. They will work directly with each internal department and external clients to implement a seamless schedule, properly utilize resources, and maximize opportunities for revenue while making important decisions to best fit our organization.
• Work closely with the Director of Special Events, facilities team, clergy, schools and each department in designing and implementing a full calendar of regular and special programming throughout the year.
• Manage all daily on-campus and online program/campus usage needs, which includes:
o Overseeing all internal calendaring and setup requests and needs via Event Management Software (EMS) and through online work operating system Monday.com
o Integrating EMS with online calendaring system in conjunction with Communications and IT
o Ensuring overall coordination between the in-person and online events of all departments throughout the organization, making sure there are no conflicts and instead, balance amongst each department/school throughout the year of planning
• Work with program owners and supporters to make sure all needs have been ordered/arranged prior to events, such as security, audio/visual, transportation, room setups, and parking.
• Facilitate coordination between department logistic owners and Facilities Department including making sure all schools and Temple departments have communicated all needs via EMS system and that all involved persons and departments are aware of all needs.
• Collaborate with communications department to ensure programs and events are appropriately publicized.
• Manage holiday events including high holidays and offsite events, which includes pre-planning, venues, vendors, and day-of logistics.
• Assist with optimizing revenue by managing rentals of Pool and Gym for lesson vendors, one-time events, and member and non-member leagues.
• Manage logistics of facility rentals on campus for graduations, conferences, classes, community room rentals, filming, etc.
• Act as onsite point-person during events and programs for customer relations, trouble-shooting, and problem-solving (includes some evenings and weekends).
• As a key staff member in our religious educational institution, role-model the tenets of our faith on a daily basis to our members and the broader Temple community; participate in transmitting the expectations and values of our faith, playing a critical and essential role in the Temple’s ability to minister to the daily needs of our students and members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
• At least 7 years’ administrative and logistical experience, including at least four years assisting multiple departments; experience running a department preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Google suite and significant experience with CRM (e.g., ShulCloud) and WOS (e.g., Monday.com) systems.
• Excellent attention to detail/accuracy with strong organizational skills.
• Friendly customer service attitude including professional written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple personal priorities and deadlines.
• Diplomatic, tactful, and possessing the ability to maintain grace under pressure.
• Available on scheduled nights and weekends.
• Knowledge of Judaism beneficial but not required.