Are you someone with a passion for building relationships, understanding people’s stories and celebrating the diversity of the Jewish people? Do you love creating systems that make your work and the work of your team better? Do you have an eye for detail and a desire to collaborate to build something great?
We are looking for a Program Manager to support the core offerings of Hillel International’s Center for Engagement, Inclusion and Wellness (The Center). The Center ensures local Hillels and their student leaders around the world have a wide range of supports, skills and knowledge to engage college students in meaningful, authentic ways that are informed by their interests, identities and needs. We strive to connect students to something greater than themselves while promoting their well-being and participation in Jewish life. Our initiatives include professional development, training, and cohort experiences; ongoing consultation and support; grant programs; and student-focused initiatives.This position reports to the Director of the Center for Engagement, Inclusion & Wellness and is part of the larger Engagement and Impact group at Hillel International.
What You Do Well
- Build and prioritize relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and students who have a diverse range of identities, experiences and responsibilities.
- Apply project management skills and systems for planning, prioritizing, executing, and reporting on each program you manage to ensure high quality, attention to detail, and timely execution of deliverables.
- Value a collaborative approach to your work and take initiative based on shared frameworks, goals and resources.
- Embody a customer service mindset by actively listening, staying curious, and asking questions to help connect people with what they need.
- Organize information and content from multiple sources into digestible, engaging resources and presentations for cross-departmental communication and historical reference.
- Facilitate cohort group discussions while expertly navigating group dynamics and exhibiting excellent public speaking skills.
- Stay flexible; thrive in ambiguous, complex work environments; adapt and change course as needed
What You Bring to the Job
- 5+ years of experience, including at least two years in program management
- Experience working with students in a campus or similar student engagement role, relationship-building and connecting them with or co-creating experiences that are meaningful to them. Familiarity with Hillel is a plus; work experience with Hillel is not required.
- An understanding of Generation Z – their needs, diverse identities, and related trends.
- A commitment to creating inclusive environments for learning and gathering.
- Comfort with your identity and a pluralistic approach to Jewish life and engagement, as well as sharing and engaging that identity with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Seek out feedback and engage with evaluation data to ensure continual learning and improvement of programs and deliverables
- Passion for working as part of a team and an ability to stay focused and motivated while working independently with a remote team
What You’ll Do
- Execute Hillel International engagement cohort programs through the annual cycle of recruitment, implementation, and evaluation, including:
- Russian-Speaking Jewish Student Engagement Program, which includes grant management and supporting 4 Hillel professional coaches working with the 30 RSJ grant recipient Hillels and their student interns.
- Engagement Internship, a student engagement model executed on 60-80 campuses annually, for which we provide training, resources and run a monthly community of practice.
- Manage the implementation of the Center’s high-impact priority programs, specifically:
- Field-wide engagement training: Oversee implementation of peer-to-peer education, trainings, and creation of content and resources.
- Tracking engagement content and experiences delivered across the Hillel movement
- Mental health warning sign training: Implement program systems for recruitment, scheduling and communication with local campus teams and facilitators to ensure a successful, streamlined & user-friendly experience.
Hillel believes in supporting individual's growth and potential at all stages and is committed to creating equitable and representative work environments. Hillel strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied identities and backgrounds, including people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, and people who come from low income or working class backgrounds. Research shows that women and individuals who hold underrepresented identities tend to only apply to jobs where they believe they meet all of the position’s qualifications. Job descriptions are aspirational; individuals who feel they meet most of the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Get out of the Position
- Competitive salary at the Manager Level within the range of $55,000-$65,000, as well as a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), and Flexible Spending Plan, paid time off for Jewish and federal holidays, an unlimited vacation policy with an expectation of at least 3 weeks a year, flexible work from home policy.
- A team that is passionate about the focus of our center, holds time for brainstorming weekly, loves to collaborate with other teams, and is both committed to accomplishing our task list and finding joy in the work we do.
- Knowledge that your work will create positive ripple effects in the lives of Hillel professionals, and the thousands of students they engage.
- Access to professional development opportunities through Hillel U or our partner organizations
- Amazing, smart, dedicated colleagues at Hillel International, and across the Hillel movement
- A fulfilling job with room to create and grow yourself
- Flexible work hours and location
- Periodic travel to conferences, campuses, and communities across the country
Hiring Process and Timeline
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will conduct short phone interviews in mid-October and begin second round interviews in late October.
- We will invite finalists for longer interviews in November and make an offer shortly thereafter.
Current Hillel professionals may apply, and if a current Hillel professional is the finalist, we will work with you and your campus to navigate a smooth transition on a mutually agreeable timeline. If the finalist is a current Hillel professional, we are prepared to apply a flexible full time start date to the timeline above, share time and resources leading up to the full-time start date, and are open to considering other options that best support your campus, while working towards filling this important role for the Hillel Movement as a whole.
What We're About
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.