We are seeking a highly-motivated, mission-driven, innovative, and strategic fundraiser who will partner with our leadership to secure the resources our community needs to thrive. Build on a strong foundation to cultivate a culture of philanthropy and deep relationships to reach an annual revenue goal above $1.5 million which will grow over time. Your strengths in areas of communication, teamwork, organization, interpersonal skills, volunteer stewardship, and storytelling will be key to our work together. This position reports directly to our Executive Director and works closely with our Senior Rabbi, Heads of Schools, Development VP, and Development Committee and co-supervises administrative support.
ABOUT TEMPLE ISRAEL OF HOLLYWOOD (TIOH)
We create a welcoming, warm, diverse, and inclusive community that honors the traditions of Judaism while embracing the innovative principles of the Reform Movement so that every member can engage in Jewish life in an environment that prioritizes Torah (learning), Avodah (spiritual growth), G’milut Chasidim (acts of loving kindness), Tikkun Olam (social action), the arts, and meaningful opportunities for personal connection to our Jewish community and the State of Israel. TIOH is home to three vibrant schools – Bay-Nimoy Early Childhood Center, Briskin Elementary School, and Religious School/Teen Program.
1. Co-Create short and long-term development strategies
2. Grow and track our donor base
3. Nurture and grow our Patron Membership
4. Steward our annual campaigns and appeals to optimize participation and funds raised
5. Manage events that ignite joy, build community, and inspire generosity
6. Support the cultivation of major gifts, pursuit of grants, and the recognition of all gifts, including direct solicitations.
7. Be present as a leader and member at TIOH during designated events, rituals/holidays, and out in the broader LA community, cultivating relationships.
In Your Toolkit
· Interpersonal skills and collaborative nature in working with clergy, lay leaders, committees/volunteers, and other staff. These relationships will be sacred partnerships.
· Managerial skills (up, down, and all-around) as you empower, supervise, and cheer on a combination of volunteers and administrative support.
· Organizational skills to set goals, develop and implement a development calendar and timelines, coordinate a wide range of logistics, and engage donors.
· Communications skills to tell our story and support other storytellers in a compelling manner.
· Raiser’s Edge proficiency to work with our IT department and administrative support and create a protocol for how we research donor capacity, create and manage donor records, and generate reports.
· Attitude of gratitude to ensure that people are acknowledged and honored for the many ways they will give of their resources (funds, time, wisdom, etc.).
· Curiosity and entrepreneurial mindset to get to know our history, research and apply best practices, take risks, and learn from the work we’ll do together.
· 8-10 years of experience in fundraising and/or non-profit management with demonstrated results
· Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or a similar database
· Critical thinker and a proactive doer
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Affinity for inspiration driven management
· Good sense of humor
Application Process · Please send a cover letter and resume of r**************e of this role, we are unable to consider TIOH congregants as new hires.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
Preferred Degree: Bachelors and/or advanced degree in non-profit management
Job Location: Temple Israel of Hollywood, 7300 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles 90046
Temple Israel of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, a 403(b)retirement plan as well as paid vacation and company holidays. The right candidate will follow and remain consistent with our culture, traditions, and core values while addressing the needs of the families we serve with compassion and empathy.