Olam Tikvah Preschool (OTPS) is a small, loving preschool seeking part time assistant teachers for the 2021/2022 school year. The positions are for one year but may become permanent. Hours are 9:00 -1:-00 or 9:00 -3:00. Will consider 1:00 -3:00.
OTPS is a play based, child directed preschool. Patience and love of children is the main requirement for this position. Daily activities and the classroom should reflect this philosophy by maintaining a classroom that is organized, safe and clean for all children as they explore their environment.
Assistant teachers are expected to establish positive relationships with their families and should work with their lead teacher to develop skills for establishing these positive relationships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Attend staff meetings, Back to School event and attend occasional OTPS programs that are scheduled outside of usual working hours.
• Attend workshops and trainings that are mandated by OTPS.
• Current CPR, First Aide, and epipen certification required and organized by director
• Submit TB and health forms as required.
• Assist lead teacher in classroom activities.
• Assist lead teacher in supervision during playground, lunch, and snack activities.
• Assist lead teacher in bathroom/diapering tasks.
• Background checks and fingerprinting required.
Excellent position for college student.