Temple Isaiah, a thriving Reform congregation in Lexington, Massachusetts, seeks a Zoom Moderator for Services. With more than 800 households from Lexington and nearby communities, Temple Isaiah is an innovative, relationship-centered congregation. We offer a broad range of spiritual, educational, social, and social justice experiences to engage people of every age, stage, and background. We are a community of intellectually curious, justice-driven, and open-hearted seekers, coming together to grow, to learn, to connect, and to make our world a better place.
All services will be run by the Zoom moderator who will be responsible for the following:
- Hosting the Zoom meeting, including opening the Zoom meeting prior to the arrival of other staff; recording to the cloud and livestreaming to Facebook and YouTube.
- Leading a sound-check and tech-check for all service leaders prior to each service.
- Using Zoom’s spotlight feature and read the session to ensure the correct people are spotlit at all times
- Adjusting Zoom settings as called for in the moment, especially around allowing attendees to mute/unmute and to use the Zoom chat.
- Posting pre-written messages to the Zoom chat as indicated by the cue list.
- Managing the Zoom waiting room and maintaining Temple Isaiah security protocols on Zoom and Facebook.
- Using Zoom’s screenshare feature to share music, Google slides, PDFs, and occasionally videos.
- Initiating and administering breakout rooms.
- Monitoring a designated congregant support email during services and responding to congregants who have difficulty with registration forms or with accessing Zoom.
- Balancing multiple priorities: doing many of these tasks concurrently or in quick succession.
- Providing feedback after services to the staff.
The ideal candidate has:
- Some familiarity with Hebrew and Jewish liturgy (required)
- Attention to detail
- A sense of professionalism including timeliness, preparedness, and sensitivity to organizational relationships and dynamics
- Facility with Zoom and its full variety of features
- Awareness of the moderator’s role with an eye towards supporting the service leaders by being consistent and self-sufficient
- An intuitive sense of the flow of Shabbat services and of what the onscreen picture should look like at any given time, and the confidence to make these decisions in the moment
Hours: Approximately 20-40 hours/month comprised of:
All times below are Eastern Time (Boston area)
- 4 Saturdays a month from 8:45 AM - 11:15 AM
- 4 Fridays a month from 6:15 PM – 7:45 PM and/or 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM
- Bar and Bat Mitzvahs from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM on most Saturdays during the school year.
- Opportunity for additional evening hours on occasion for other synagogue programs and holiday services as well.
- Up to 5 Hours a month of meetings, trainings, etc.
Must be able to work remotely with reliable internet service.
Pay: $18-$20 per hour depending on experience
To apply: Email resume to [email protected]