Camp Daisy & Harry Stein is a Reform Jewish residential summer camp located in the Prescott National Forest just two hours north of Phoenix, Arizona. Our campers (grades 2 – 12) are mostly from Arizona and the surrounding Southwestern United States and come from diverse backgrounds.
Dates: mid-May 2021 to July 25, 2021.
• Registered Nurse, currently registered to practice in state of Arizona.
• Experience in school, camp, or visiting nursing preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively and promptly with campers, parents/guardians, staff, medical colleagues, and support staff.
• Current certifications in first aid and CPR.
• The Camp Physician on Duty (If applicable)
• Executive Director
• Help develop procedures for dealing with Health Center practices including sick call, emergencies, doctor visits, etc.
• Work with Camp Committee on the planning and implementation of camper intake, including:
o Lice Check
o Temperature Check
o Health review
o Medication check-in
• Discuss health and safety procedures, precautions, and routines with the staff during orientation.
• Work with camp directors and Camp Committee on options for procuring all Health Center supplies.
• Review all health records, discussing particular items with the counselors and supervisors concerned.
• In cooperation with other medical staff, devise and implement staffing plan to ensure that the Camp Health Center is staffed 24 hours a day.
• Maintain, test and log use when necessary of medical equipment and devices.
• Serve as a liaison for parents for health center related issues.
• Maintain proper record keeping as required by law and by American Camping Association Standards.
• Report all admissions to the Health Center to the Camp Director.
• Report camper admissions to Health Center camper parents/guardians when appropriate according to the Camp Communication Protocol.
• Follow the appropriate protocol of documenting incidents involving campers and staff.
• Guide the counselors in regard to their responsibilities in noting and reporting illness, injury, improper eating habits, unsafe practices, symptoms of disturbance and conditions that might contribute to problems with camper or staff health and safety.
• Control and administer all medications and treatments according to the camper’s physician's order/prescription and keep records of all such treatment.
• Prepare first aid kits for emergency use by counselors for use on hikes, outpost camps and trips. Instruct staff that all treatments must be reported for inclusion in nurse's report.
• Prepare a close of camp evaluation including: equipment inventory, requisitions for the next summer, treatment records of campers and staff, Health Center and hospital admissions, visits to health care providers, recommendations for health department and medical examination records, and records for insurance companies.
Job Type: Temporary
Most of all, applicants must be prepared to HAVE FUN, be team oriented and enjoy spending the summer in the beautiful pines of northern Arizona!
Camp Stein is owned and operated by Congregation Beth Israel, a Reform Synagogue in Scottsdale, Arizona.
|Duration||part-time , contract|
|Benefits||Salary commensurate with experience. Transportation reimbursement and 100% room and board provided.|
|Ad Posted On||2020-11-25|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||572 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Other|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Medical|
|Organization Name||Camp Daisy & Harry Stein|
3400 W. Camp Pearlstein Raod
Apply directly through our website:https://campstein.org/work-at-camp/apply-now/