THIS IS A SEASONAL POSITION FOR SUMMER 2021
Under the supervision of the director, the Dining Facilities Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the dining room. The Dining Facilities Manager is responsible for the cleanliness the dining room and training staff and campers that the proper systems for meals is. The Dining Facilities Manager works together with the Kitchen Manager to creatie menus and order food accordingly while keeping allergies in mind, create schedules for kitchen staff and ensure safe distribution of food that is healthy, tasty, balanced, and suitable for children and staff. The Dining Facilities Manager is expected
to present themselves with integrity and dugma ishit (as a personal example) in and outside of camp.
Specific responsibilities of Dining Facilities Manager:
- Create menus with Kitchen Manager and prep schedules for all meals and snacks that will happen while camp is in session, including during ropes training, supervisor training, and staff training.
- Order food according to the menus and knowledge of what kids are eating.
- Make sure that there are options at every meal for vegetarians, vegans, dairy free,gluten free, and any other allergies that exist.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the dining room.
- Create an efficient system for the end of meals for campers to bring dishes to
dishwasher and train staff and campers in this system.
- Organize and prepare food for out of camp trips.
- Create a schedule for kitchen staff.
- Organize and set up with the Kitchen Manager the food service area and equipment prior to camp opening.
- Create a positive and encouraging work environment for kitchen staff team.
- Facilitate with the Kitchen Manager the professional development and evaluations of the kitchen staff team.
- Administer the food service budget.
- Submit a food service report by the end of the contract.
- Lead a cooking chug (elective) with the campers that is engaging and fun.
- Fulfill requisitions from counselors and other staff when requisition forms are turned in.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply as Dining Facilities Manager, you must have at least two years experience working in a kitchen, preferably in a camp setting. Experience as a manager, and/or work in operations is also preferable.
FULL TIME CONTRACT FOR A SUMMER CAMP -- live on camp or live locally; salary will differ for each but somewhere between $3500-$5000 based on skills and experience, June 1 - August 9; get paid every two weeks; one day off per week
|Duration||full-time , contract|
|Benefits||Room & Board|
|Ad Posted On||2020-12-16|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||496 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Food & Kosher Services|
|Organization Name||Camp Young Judaea Midwest|
E989 Stratton Lake Rd
|Application Instructions||Please log in to Apply|