The Operations Manager will play a key role in advancing San Diego’s newly created Hebrew Free Loan’s mission: to aid and empower members of the San Diego community to help themselves by providing interest free loans to achieve financial self- sufficiency. The ideal candidate will bring organization and initiative to the role in completing multiple functions to ensure that our interest-free loan programs, fundraising activities, and governance structure operate smoothly. The Operations Manager is the first point of contact for all new loan applicants, helping to create a welcoming environment for those seeking assistance.
The position will be an average of 20-30 hours per week with the potential for full-time in year two. The position reports directly to the Executive Director of the organization.
ABOUT HEBREW FREE LOAN:
Hebrew Free Loan of San Diego (HFLSD) recently launched; and is a part of the International Association of Jewish Free Loans with a common goal of helping people with temporary financial needs to become or remain self-supporting, self-respecting members of their community through access to interest-free loans. HFLSD’s mission is to provide Jewish households living in poverty or who are financially insecure, to overcome short-term financial needs/emergencies. HFLSD loans are not considered a hand-out, but rather a hand-up!
HFLSD is excited to help individuals and families throughout the Greater San Diego community to overcome challenges and pursue their dreams. Based on the Jewish values of tzedakah (justice/charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of loving kindness), and tikkun olam (repairing the world), they will provide interest-free loans to meet a wide range of needs: including small business, medical expenses, debt consolidation, fertility, summer camp, student loans, and many others.
Provide high-quality customer service
• Answer questions and handle initial screening of all new loan applicants
• Schedule loan interviews for new applicants working directly with Loan Chair
• Answer phone and email inquiries from current loan recipients
Manage comprehensive loan administration functions
• Enter loan application data and track loan paperwork; document and improve upon various processes
• Forward closed documents to the bookkeeper to set up account in QuickBooks
• Accurately record all donations in Excel, Autopal, and Little Green Light
• Produce and send acknowledgement letters, in a timely manner, for all donations received
Support Board of Directors
• Help coordinate meetings of Hebrew Free Loan’s Board of Directors and various leadership committees;
• Handle email correspondence with board and committee members
• Provide administrative and operations support to ensure HFLSD functions effectively
• Provide administrative support for special events (outreach programs, etc…)
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS and CHARACTERISTICS
• Exhibits the highest degree of professionalism and maintains strict confidentiality
• Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
• Has excellent “people skills”, relates well on the phone and in person; demonstrates patience, sensitivity and kindness in all interactions with loan applicants and recipients.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills; works effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Is a self-starter with ability to maintain composure and meet deadlines, while responding to multiple priorities.
• Is comfortable with technology, especially databases and word processing: experienced with Excel, Microsoft Word.
• Is a team player who is flexible and adaptable to changing needs
• Customer service experience and prior experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
Salary will be paid on an hourly basis and commensurate with experience. The opportunity provides significant flexibility, a worthwhile mission, and an exciting challenge.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
|Duration||part-time , contract|
|Benefits||Flexibility, remote and the excitement and challenge of being on the ground floor of a newly launched non-profit!|
|Ad Posted On||2021-01-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||308 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Financial Services, Social Work|
|Organization Name||Hebrew Free Loan San Diego|
9404 Genesee Avenue Suite 200
San Diego, California
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected][email protected]