Hadar seeks an Operations Manager to plan for and run our 4-week Summer Program in July 2021. This person will research, plan and execute all operational needs as pertaining to this program and will serve as a key member of the on-site staff for the duration of the program. The ideal candidate for this role is self-driven, flexible and results-oriented. This person will work closely with program and operations staff as well as faculty. This is a seasonal position with flexibility on hours and location between March-May (around 10 hours per week), ramping up to full-time New York area based work in June and July. In July this person will be on our residential site in Holmes, New York for the duration of the program.
- Determine needs for residential summer program, based on prior experience and/or consultation with other programs. Create plan(s) to meet those needs. Execute plan(s) on site for the duration of the program. Needs will include, but are not limited to: housing, food, materials, AV/IT, transportation, site set up and clean up, coordinating physical and mental health resources for participants.
- Create and execute a comprehensive operations schedule for day-to-day functioning of program including use of different spaces on site, materials needed for classes, meals, informal programming etc.
- Organize and oversee regular rotation of student low-level operations roles like lunch set up (toranut)
- Create and implement a COVID-19 health screening plan and Covid-19 scenario plan with guidance from leadership team.
- Serve as point of contact with incoming students including:
Managing student intake through email to collect all necessary materials
Field questions from students in advance of the program
Develop digital welcome packet for students
- Serve as primary point of contact with facilities and camp staff
- Troubleshoot as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Operations experience ideally in a residential/summer program setting
- Must be able to be on site for the month of July including the duration of program, set up and clean up. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this person will likely not be allowed off site and visitors may not be allowed.
- Ability to project manage and keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellence in organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communicator
- Flexible approach with a penchant for creative problem solving and adaptability
- Excitement and willingness to take on all tasks and work outside of normal office hours during the course of the summer program
- Entrepreneurial spirit- someone who can self direct and motivate
- Experience working at a camp a plus
- Experience with formal or informal Jewish education a plus
- Facility with Hebrew a plus
- First aid and CPR certified, or ability to become certified before the program starts, a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand for up to eight hours per day possible
- Walk and move throughout camp for physical tasks, travels up hills and stairs
- Lift and carry around 20 lbs repeatedly over distances
- Must be able to communicate verbally and hear instructions
- Be able to see potential hazards in situations
- Use both hands and arms for physical tasks
Salary commensurate with experience starting at $8,000.
|Duration||full-time , part-time|
|Ad Posted On||2021-03-01|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||282 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Other|
|Organization Name||Hadar Institute|
60 Denton Lake Road
Holmes, New York
Please apply by submitting an application through Hadar's website.http://hadar.org/jobs#summer-ops-manager