JCC Chicago's Day Camp Licensed Clinical Social Workers are integral members of the Apachi Day Camp leadership team and is the primary mental health expert on site during the summer. Together with the Director, the Social Worker will provide ongoing trainings and resources to staff on topics that are related to child development and the social-emotional needs of the children.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Help create, coordinate, and lead staff training sessions for counselors, CITs, and parents.
• Work with the Director, Unit Heads, and Counselors to set expectations for camper and counselor behavior.
• Develop and implement routines, schedules, and procedures for camp activities and transitions.
• Observe and evaluate the needs of campers to create and implement interventions to support them in the group environment.
• Keep the leadership team informed of camp and staff issues.
• Document interactions and interventions for grant and data collection purposes.
• Come to camp each day with a positive attitude and model for staff, children, and families engaging and professional behavior.
• Perform other duties as needed.
Apachi Hyde Park: June 28-August 13, 2021, 8:00am-4:00pm with extended hours to return parent calls and communicate with the leadership team.
Apachi Old Town/Apachi Northside (Chicago): June 28-August 13, 2021, 8:00am-4:00pm with extended hours to return parent calls and communicate with the leadership team. Travel required between both camp locations*
Apachi Evanston: June 6-August 6, 2021, 8:30am-4:30pm with extended hours to return parent calls and communicate with the leadership team; travel required between both camp locations.
‘Z’ Frank Apachi (Northbrook): June 14-August 13, 2021, 8:00am-4:00pm with extended hours to return parent calls and communicate with the leadership team.
• Graduate level degree in a mental health field such as social work, psychology, or counseling with child development college courses.
• Licensed Clinical Professional in one of the above mental health professions.
• 3+ years’ experience in a school, camp, or clinical setting working with youth.
• Experience creating and implementing interventions that address behavioral concerns and group dynamics.
• Experience juggling multiple projects, situations, and/or crises.
• Experience partnering with families to address situations involving the mental health, behavior, and needs of their children.
• Experience training staff on social-emotional and child development related topics.
• Experience with mandated reporting and handling disclosures or suspicions of abuse.
• Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago’s Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
• Judaic knowledge and community involvement preferred.
|Benefits||JCC offers a generous salary and great work environment!|
|Ad Posted On||2021-03-08|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||235 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Other, Youth Advisor|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Community Centers|
|Organization Name||JCC Chicago|
Chicago, Evanston, Northbrook, Illinois
Learn More & Apply:https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/JEW1002/JobBoard/c631b530-0049-6bdb-1e15-0f9b01231dcc/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=45c38c93-4e51-444a-841d-1fa5700eb714