Congregation Beth Israel is a warm, inclusive and vibrant Reconstructionist synagogue in Media, PA with longtime roots in Delaware County. We are a growing community of approximately 150 families and a small yet engaged Hebrew School population from PreK to B’nai Mitzvah. We seek a new Education Director to fill the part-time role that will open July 1, 2021. We are blessed to have a part-time senior rabbi and a part-time associate rabbi, both of whom are deeply involved in the planning and management of our Hebrew School. The Education Director will work closely with our rabbis on curriculum and administration, as well as receiving support from our parents via the Education Committee. Overlapping training from our outgoing Education Director is possible.
This role includes significant curricular, supervisory and, administrative responsibilities:
* Executing and updating, as necessary, our existing curriculum focused on Judaism, Jewish culture, and Hebrew decoding and prayer skills.
* Supervising, supporting and mentoring two to four teachers.
* Hiring new teachers, as necessary, to work in the Hebrew School.
* Supervising the Sunday morning weekly Hebrew School session in person (approx 9:00am - 1:00pm)
* Supervising the Tuesday afternoon weekly Hebrew School session online (approx 4:30pm-6:00pm) - - (tentatively scheduled for now).
* Cultivating and maintaining rich relationships with students, parents and the wider Beth Israel community.
* Managing documentation and records in an organized manner.
* Creating a weekly newsletter for families and the community.
* Managing existing outreach programming - and creating new programs - for non- member families with young children in our region.
These responsibilities amount to approximately 10-12 hours per week and, aside from the Sunday mornings in-person, this work can be carried out remotely by phone, email and video chat. We are eager to be in touch with interested candidates as soon as possible; please contact [email protected] with your current résumé and a brief letter of introduction that qualitatively describes your experience and interest in Jewish Education and mentoring/leading children and teachers. Please include two references as well. We are most interested in candidates who:
* Love Jewish Education! Previous experience as a Jewish educator is preferred.
* Work well with others, have a sense of humor and take pride in hard work
* Relate well to children
* Have strong computer/internet and organizational skills
* Enjoy the process of developing innovative programming for kids, their families and the larger, intergenerational community at a synagogue
* Values developing relationships with members of the Beth Israel community in general.
* Think big!
|Ad Posted On||2021-03-23|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||256 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School|
|Focus||Education & Schools|
|Organization Name||Congregation Beth Israel of Media|
542 S. New Middletown Rd.
Please send your materials, preferably in PDF format, to Emma Lefkowitz at [email protected] See above for details about the required materials. We look forward to hearing from you!