Camp Kingswood is a co-ed Jewish overnight camp located in Bridgton, Maine, for children ages 7-17. Teen counselors are the primary care-givers for campers, and are responsible for planning and implementing activities. Counselors guide campers in their personal growth, facilitate relationships and bunk dynamics, and serve as role models and leaders for the entire camp community.
Essential Job Functions
- Be tuned in to each individual camper and their needs, to be able to assist them when challenges arise.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic source of encouragement and support for your campers at all times.
- Know that your campers are properly supervised at all times.
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines.
- When assigned to take campers to a bunk or choice activity led by a specialist, support the specialist through active and positive participation and assisting the specialist as needed.
- Actively participate in all programs and activities.
- Provide daily care for each camper within your supervision.
- Apply basic adolescent development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement, and empowerment of youth
- Ensure campers receive their medications as directed by Health Center staff.
- Be aware of equipment and facilities to ensure proper utilization, care, and maintenance is adhered to.
- Be a role model in your professionalism, maturity, and respect for camp policies.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp functions and activities.
Teen counselors are supervised by a Unit Head. You will lead your cabin in partnership with the specialists living in the bunk, as they will serve as bunk staff when they are not on duty in their areas. You’ll also be responsible for training and mentoring the Counselors-In-Training assigned to bunks to learn from the counselors as part of their teen leadership training program.
- Experience successfully and happily working with teens and adolescents.
- Experience successfully and happily working closely with others as part of a team.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- A positive, happy, patient, and collaborative nature.
- Experience planning and implementing activities for groups, or experiences utilizing similar skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of campers.Ability to observe and assess camper behavior, and provide redirection as needed.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please visit our website to learn more about Kingswood's covid-19 policies: https://campkingswood.org/covid-19/
|Benefits||Room and board, and relocation assistant provided|
|Ad Posted On||2021-04-16|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||453 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||Camp Kingswood|
104 Wildwood Road
Please send a copy of your resume to [email protected] to apply![email protected]